Let's see a mix of contrasts that represents Tokyo city!
No excuse to not visit Tokyo, even if you have only a few hours available! I can meet you at Narita (NRT) airport at the Arrival Lounge or eventually at Haneda (HND) airport, take you to see many places in Tokyo and we go back to the airport (Departure gate), where I will say bye and have a nice trip!!
I'd say Tokyo is so unique city, not only because it is the political capital, but also the largest Japanese city for business, entertainment, shopping and gastronomy. Six years ago, when Tokyo was chosen to host the 2020 Olympic Games, this metropolis is becoming even better!!
Let me show you as many places as possible on your layover!
I will customized according to your interest and also do some reccomendation in order to maximize our time. Just as an exemple, you may consider the following districts, but all will depends on your available time, usually you will need to be back 2 hours previous to departure time. Some nice options are:
- Nijubashi Bridge of the Imperial Palace;
- Old Fish Market;
- Shinjuku: entertainment district;
- Ueno Park (street market, museum);
- Shibuya ("scramble" crossing, young people district);
- Ryogoku: sumo district with a nice Japanese garden and the Edo-Tokyo Museum;
- Roppongi: huge commercial facilities with attractions such as art galleries and Tokyo City View
- Akihabara: electronic Mecca & subculture town;
- Odaiba: at Bay Zone, we can experience Monorail and ferry;
- Ginza, Omotesando or Aoyama: trend districts, hip fashion, and fancy areas;
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port (Yokohama Port), Airport (Narita - NRT Haneda - HND)
End Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Airport
Duration: 5 hours
All depends on your flight arrival and departing time. 5 hours is just an estimating time of the tour itself, without considering the time I will spend from my place (by myself) to the airport plus the time we will spend from AIRPORT > TOKYO > AIRPORT > Tokyo (by myself). So all this transit time is included in the price.
We will use bus from and to Narita (1:15min) or train in the case of Haneda Airport. In Tokyo, basically subway lines (Tokyo Metro and Toei Subways), JR lines and eventually local buses.
- Guiding Services
- Public Transportation Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10000 JPY - 2.500 for lunch;
2.500 for snacks, drink or souvenir
2.500 for eventual admission tickets
2.500 for eventual taxi
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am a driver, but prefer to use efficient Tokyo public transportation.