Private Tour to Eagles Nests Castles : Beautiful Nature & Great History in the background
Ojcowski NP is situated only 30 km north out of Krakow. It is valley of river Pradnik surrounded by beautiful woods, 25m high limestone rocks & caves. The most amazing however are eagles nests castles situated there.
In XIV century there was important trade route from Krakow to the west therefore Gothic castles were built there on the rocks to protect it. They are called Eagles' Nests due to their location on tops of the rocks. One of them is ruined although looking amazing and one in Pieskowa Skala is renovated and considered to be the pearl of Gothic-Renaissance architecture in Poland. It may be visited inside.
In XIX Century there was also health resort under Russian occupation so beautiful old wooden spa buildings - houses, baths, water mills and chapel on the water - can be found there as well as health resort park.
PLEASE NOTE: this private tour is designed and priced for 1-6 persons, if your group is larger than 6 persons please message me for a Customized Tour link & an appropriately priced tour.
Tour usually includes:
- meeting at the location set by You in or near Krakow (hotel, airport, . . . ),
- drive 30 km north to Ojcowski National Park and visit to Pieskowa Skala Castle (one of "Eagles Nests" Castles) which is pearl of gothic-renessaince architecture in Poland (if You like You may visit also interiors with exhibition of e. g. Polish paintings),
- photo stop at Hercules Club (28m high lonely rock) with castle at the back,
- drive to Chapel on the Water created by Polish under Russia occupation from one of wooden spa buildings,
- nice walk in Ojcow Village with ruins of another gothic castle (another "Eagles' Nest"), with XIXc Resort Park, with wooden houses and spa buildings,
- panoramic view on the beautiful valley of river Pradnik with woods and 25m high limestone rocks around,
- travel back with the other road and finish in the place set by You in or near Krakow (hotel, airport, . . . ).
On request other places or events You wish to have may be of course arranged. You are welcomed!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Whatever place You want inside or near Krakow. It may be your hotel or other place of accomodation or airport or railway station or ... please let me know.
End location: Whatever place You want inside or near Krakow. It may be your hotel or other place of accomodation or airport or railway station or ... please let me know.
Duration: 5 hours
Mercedes V Class - the most luxurious & elegant VIP 7-seater, black & extra long. In some cases by the other very comfortable van.
If You are 7 or more people on earlier request You will be taken by the biggest possible comfortable van or minibus/coach for some additional cost. Please message me then to get Customized Tour link and appropriate price.
* All necessary Guidance, Care and Assistance
* Transportation Costs are on my side
PLEASE NOTE: this tour is designed and priced for 1-6 persons, if your group is larger than 6 persons please message me for a Customized Tour link and an appropriately priced tour
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 PLN - If You like to visit interiors of Pieskowa Skala Castle with exhibition of Polish Paintings.
Entrance fees, meals, souvenirs and any personal expenses are not included.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
After a very hectic week, I was delighted to have a tour of Eagle's Nest at the National Park which was restful and informative. Christopher was an excellent guide. He is extremely knowledgeable and provided a very informative tour. I regret I only had one day in Krakow. I hope to return one day to enjoy the city and surrounding areas more fully. I will definitely ask Christopher to be my guide. I highly recommend him for your tours.