Dunedin Highlights, Otago Peninsula & 1 hour wildlife cruise
Start at Port Chalmers, from cruise terminal to experience the pure beauty of Dunedin on
a fantastic 6. 5 hour tour of rich heritage, spectacular scenery, and unique wildlife.
You will stop at the world's steepest street, First Church, Dunedin Railway station - one of the most photographed buildings in New Zealand and will have some time to explore internationally significant and the oldest botanical garden in New Zealand.
You will experience the gorgeous and memorable landscape of Otago Peninsula with amazing string of rugged beaches, bays and wildlife. I will show you the most breathtaking views and take you closer to nature and its wildlife.
In addition, you will have free time at Albatross Center for lunch and one-hour wildlife cruise on a boat (subject to availability) - a special encounter with our unique southern ocean animals. Northern Royal Albatross, fur seals, three species of shags and Royal Spoonbills all breed around Taiaroa Head. We often see sea lions, other species of albatross.
- Pick up at Port Chalmers.
- Scenic drive to Dunedin city.
- Stops at Baldwin Street, Signal Hill Lookout point, Dunedin Botanic garden with a picnic to taste baking from local award-winning bakery (upper), First church, Octagon, Dunedin Railway station.
- Scenic drive to Peninsula via Highcliff Road with photo stops.
- 1 hour wildlife boat cruise around Taiaroa Head to view wildlife.
- Free time for lunch or drink at your choice: Royal Albatross centre cafe, Portobello Bar or Glenfalloch Garden restaurant
- Scenic drive back to Port Chalmers via Portobello Road along the harbor with wading bird viewing possibility.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Port Chalmers cruise ship terminal
End location: Port Chalmers
Duration: 6 hours
Tour duration can vary from 6 to 6.5 hours
Mercedes Benz van for up to 6 passengers
Driver- guide, bottled drinking water, transport for up to 6 passengers, one hour wildlife cruise, free time at Albatross Centre for lunch
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 New Zealand dollar - Money for food and souvenirs
Wear comfortable walking shoes, waterproof and windproof jacket, sunhat. Bring sunblock as New Zealand sun is very strong.