Dunedin Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery, including a 1 hour walk
Start at Port Chalmers, from cruise terminal to experience the pure beauty of Dunedin on
a fantastic 5 hour tour of rich heritage, spectacular scenery, and unique wildlife.
You will stop at the world's steepest street, First Church, Dunedin Railway station - one of the most photographed buildings in New Zealand and will have some time to explore internationally significant and the oldest botanical garden in New Zealand.
You will experience the gorgeous and memorable landscape of Otago Peninsula with amazing string of rugged beaches, bays and wildlife. I will show you the most breathtaking views and take you for a 1 hour walk on Otago Peninsula.
In addition, you will have a drive around tidal inlets where a variety of wading birds can be seen.
- Pick up at Port Chalmers.
- Scenic drive to Dunedin city.
- Stops at Baldwin Street, Signal Hill Lookout point, Dunedin Botanic garden, First church, Octagon, Dunedin Railway station.
- Scenic drive to Peninsula via Highcliff Road with photo stops.
- 1 hour walk on Otago Peninsula
- Free time for lunch or drink (at your own cost)
- Scenic drive around ideal inlets, back to Port Chalmers via Portobello Road along the harbor with wading bird viewing possibility.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel
Duration: 6 hours
Mercedes Benz van for up to 6 passengers
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 New Zealand dollar - Money for food and souvenirs