Dunedin Highlights, Albatross Colony & Taiaroa Head Wildlife Boat Cruise
Start at Port Chalmers at 9am, from cruise terminal to experience the pure beauty of Dunedin on a fantastic 6 hour tour of rich heritage, spectacular scenery, and unique wildlife.
You will stop at the world's steepest street, First Church, Dunedin Railway station - one of the most photographed buildings in New Zealand and will have some time to explore internationally significant and the oldest botanic garden in New Zealand and Otago University - the oldest one in New Zealand.
You will experience the gorgeous and memorable landscape of Otago Peninsula with amazing string of rugged beaches, bays and wildlife. I will show you the most breathtaking views and take you closer to nature and its wildlife.
In addition, you will have free time at Albatross Center for lunch and one-hour wildlife cruise on a boat or guided tour at albatross centre.
- Pick up at Port Chalmers.
- Scenic drive to Dunedin city.
- Stops at Baldwin Street, Signal Hill Lookout point, Dunedin Botanic garden (upper), First church, Octagon, Dunedin Railway station.
- Scenic drive to Peninsula via Highcliff Road with photo stops.
A choice of:
- a Guided tour at Albatross center or
- 1 hour wildlife boat cruise around Taiaroa Head to view wildlife.
- Free time for lunch
- Scenic drive back to Port Chalmers via Portobello Road along the harbor with wading bird viewing possibility.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Port Chalmers, Cruise terminal, Dunedin
End location: Port Chalmers, Dunedin
Duration: 7 hours
duration could be slightly longer, it will depend on the cruise ship required time to be back on board.
a very comfortable Mercedes-Benz van to carry maximum up to 6 passengers.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 New Zealand dollar - To purchase lunch, drinks, souvenirs.