On the path of Napolean's army to Mt. Srđ
Take a walk up to Mt. Srđ to Napoleon's Fortress Imperial and enjoy the spectacular view of the city from above. Hike up along the serpentines and surround yourself among typical Mediterranean vegetation. Stop along the way and enjoy the breathless view, admire the Adriatic Sea and some of the numerous Croatian islands, take photos you'll never forget, learn about the general facts of the city and the surrounding area, the past and recent history of Dubrovnik, especially during the Homeland War when the city was defended in the greatest battle that took place on Mt. Srđ on December 6, 1991, and meet friendly local people in the village of Bosanka where you'll have the opportunity to taste delicious local food cooked in the traditional way.
Come and join me on an walking adventure you'll never forget in a special way only the locals know!
1. From your desired location in the city we drive you to the starting point of the serpentines.
2. Walk up to the beginning of the serpentines (the Way of the Holy Cross).
3. Arrive at Napoleon's Fortress Imperial on the top of mt. Srđ.
4. Visit Homeland War Museum.
5. Stroll to the Holy Cross viewpoint for the spectacular view of the Old City from above.
6. Walk downhill to the village Bosanka and enjoy a traditional meal at restaurant Dubrava.
7. Walk downhill back to the main road and we drive you to a location of your desire in the city.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 5 hours
1st leg: Hike up the serpentines (45 - 60 min)
2nd leg: Napolean's Fortress Imperial - mt. Srđ (60 min)
3rd leg: Walk downhill to Bosanka village (30 min)
4th leg: Lunch at restaurant Dubrava (90 min)
5th leg: Walk downhill to main road (30 min)
Tour will not be executed in bad weather situations (heavy rain, extreme wind, etc.).
1. Pickup/Dropoff by motor vehicle (car or van)*
a) Car - Mercedes Benz E class/Renault Kadjar (capacity 1-3)
b) Van - Mercedes Benz V class (capacity: 4-6)
All vehicles modern, clean and air-conditioned and included in the price.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
150 Croatian Kuna - - Additional water/drinks
- Other minor personal necessities
No particular restrictions.