Orient in the heart of Europe / Retrospective of Yugoslavian era
It's hard to sum up the uniqueness of this multifaceted city, East and West meet on its gleaming, turquoise river in a blend of oriental architecture, Mediterranean air to call it a City of Light, like famous writer Ivo Andric wrote about Mostar.
Old Bridge the one of the city's most recognizable landmarks, erected in 1566. on the orders of Suleiman the Magnificent, the Ottoman ruler. Later becoming the city's symbol, the Old Bridge is the one of the most important structures of the Ottoman era. But before we arrive to Mostar, let's make a stop at a small place of Pocitelj, unique settlement, listed as a UNESCO heritage site. The Hadzi-Alija Mosque, Sisman-Ibrahimpasa Madrasa and the Gavran Kapetanovic House, and the most striking object in Pocitelj the Sahat-kula (Sahat Tower), a silo-shaped fort that towers from the hill above the town. Cities of Mostar and Pocitelj no matter being so close, in the same time are so different from all what you have seen and experienced in Dubrovnik or Dalmatia.
- Dubrovnik, Ston, Neum, Pocitelj, Mostar
- start time for the this trip is flexible but considering that this is a full day trip I would recommend to start with this tour no later than 10:00 AM.
- Possibility for pick-up / drop-off service in Split with exception for the period of time from 15th June to 5th September because of the huge crowds on state border crossings
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: - Hotels in Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Port
- or any other place of your choice reachable by car
End location: upon your request
Duration: 10 hours
This tour offers you to discover and realise the differences in culture, religions, architecture and gastronomy. Topics of this tour are related with very different historical periods, from Dubrovnik Republic, Venetian Republic, Ottoman Empire, and era of communistic Yugoslavia, so I hope you will be able to find something of your particular interest.
Close distances with significant diversities, probably this would be the best explanation what to expect from this tour.
BMW 7 series limousine, Opel Vivaro Tour
- My services as your personal driver guide and transportation in a private car
- Parking costs,
- Bottles of spring water in the car
Estimated Local Cash Needed
200 Kuna - 30 USD - Per person and for any items related to your personal needs (ice creams, souvenirs, postcards, coffee and beverages)
- You are responsible for purchasing any items of a personal nature related to shopping, souvenirs, snacks, and restaurant meals.
- Pick up or drop off in Split
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This tour was like being shown around by an old friend. Excellent guide and we learnt a lot about the parts of Bosnia we visited and about Croatia and how things are after such a divisive war. Modified the route so that we didn't cover anything we planned to do ourselves. A great day out and can only suggest anyone wanting a guide chooses Niksa as he does a great job and really seems to care about his clients.