Enjoy some of Dublin's best pints, pubs, banter and revelry
There is one thing we can proudly say with certainty. . . "Ireland's pubs are without equal".
I have to say this is an area I know better than most as I worked in the game locally for years.
Starting wherever is most convenient, lets take a stroll through a smattering of Dublin's best ale houses.
When amongst small groups of friends we generally always do rounds here, but this might not be possible depending on the size of the group.
If you're interested in whiskey, craft beers, the traditional brews, or just sampling the atmosphere, we can fit it all in over 4 or 5 of my favourite select bars. And of course, we can get discuss anything at all, culture, sport, traditions, and even politics or religion. The reality is, if we weren't allowed chat about these in pubs, we'd never get anything fixed.
By the end of this tour you will be fully versed in good "Pinting Etiquette". A good toast, a few words in Gaelic, and most importantly how to order like a local!
So the itinerary for each pub crawl will likely change, especially as some pubs are extremely busy on certain nights, and others have live music on given nights. I will organize customized itineraries on a group by group basis. However, it is likely we will take in some of these pubs for live music, choice of beers or purely for ambiance. . .
- The Porter House(s)
- The Bank
- O' Donoghue's
- The Bull & Castle
- The Celt
- The Cobblestone
- Darkey Kelly's
- The Beer Market
- The Brazen Head
- The Stag's Head
- The Long Stand
- The Merchant's Arch
- The Dawson Lounge
- The Confession Box
- Cafe en Seine
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Outside the Bull & Castle Pub, opposite Christ Church Cathedral. I you are staying in the city centre we might arrange to meet at your hotel.
End location: This depends on the clients wishes.
Duration: 3 hours
This is a walking tour.
- My time and services as your local guide
- Expert local recommendations for food and evening hotspots
- First-hand advice for future travel outside of Dublin (routes, stops etc)
- Guide fluent in Dublinese
- Guide that can take a good stab at regional accents
- Welcomes discussion on religion and politics
- An honest "warts n' all" approach to your tour. I'd like you to appreciate the real Dublin
- All facts can be verified by Google, and all opinions are my own.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 Euro - This should be a rough price to four drinks in four separate pubs. A pint costs anything from €5 to €6,50. A whiskey will also start at €5. Half pints and soft drinks are roughly half price.
- The price of the tour does not include transport to and from meeting points.
- food and drink are extra.
- If, due to the client wishing to change the itinerary, or visit an unforeseen location, any possible fees are not included in the tour price.
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.
We may have difficulties guiding through the grounds of my alma mater, Trinity College. We'll play it by ear though.