Newgrange and other 5000 year passage tombs in the Boyne Valley.
The UNESCO World Heritage site at Newgrange is world famous, however there are a number of other Megalithic (Stone Age) sites in the Boyne Valley. This tour includes the 5000 year old Megalithic Passage tombs at Newgrange, Fourknocks and Hill of Tara.
This tour can be personalized, the route can be changed to suit your preferences in advance or on the day. Duration usually 8 hours, can be shortened if you have time constraints.
- Pick up from your accommodation or cruise ship.
- Newgrange, a 5000 year old megalithic passage tomb and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Fourknocks, an off the beaten track megalithic passage tomb.
- Sheela-na-gig, a mysterious female stone carving set in a farm yard wall.
- Walk a labyrinth designed to reflect the megalithic spirals at Newgrange.
- Hill of Tara, megalithic tomb called the Mound of the Hostages dating back to between 2500 B. C. and 3000 B. C.
- Return to your accommodation or cruise ship.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel or other accommodation, Dublin Airport or Dublin Cruise Ship Port.
End location: Hotel or other accommodation, Dublin Airport or Dublin Cruise Ship Port.
Duration: 8 hours
Tours are generally 8 hours, can be adjusted to suit your travel arrangements.
2016 Skoda Superb Sedan, high specification sedan including leather seats and air conditioning.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 Euro - 20 Euro per person
Admission charge to Newgrange 6 euro.
Estimate for Lunch 14 euro.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
The tour exceeded our expectations! Besides the posted itenerary, Michael worked in additional points of interest, even stopping for a walk across a 16th-century bridge that spans the River Boyne. An unforgettable experience!
Missy Nancy Parks