City of Lamego: « Nossa Senhora dos Remédios » Shrine - place of passage for Santiago's pilgrims
We leave the city of Oporto toward the Douro valley, a unique place where the combination of climate, river, grapes and man's effort, gave rise to the first demarcated region World wines for the production of Port wine. Here you find picturesque location, verdant landscapes and lush nature.
Our first stop will be in the city of Lamego where we visit the « Nossa Senhora dos Remédios » Shrine - place of passage for Santiago's pilgrims.
Then, we will do a relaxing cruise embarking on a traditional riverboat (Rebelo), used to transport the port wine to the wine cellars in Porto.
Experience the historical Douro River (at Pinhão) and more spectacular scenery on this one-hour boat trip. After disembarking, we will continue with a wine tour at Quinta do Portal, where you will have a private tour and tasting of their highly-rewarded wines.
This is our plan for the day:
- Pick up at the agreed meeting location in Porto
- Drive to city of Lamego where we will visit the « Nossa Senhora dos Remédios » Shrine - place of passage for Santiago's pilgrims
- Lunch break
- Heading to Pinhão for an hour cruise in Douro River, on a traditional River boat (Rebelo)
- Wine Tasting and tour of Wine State Quinta do Portal.
- Drive back to Porto.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel, cruise
terminal or at any other convenient location in Porto.
End location: Back to you hotel, cruise terminal or as previously agreed.
Duration: 7 hours 30 min.
Transportation Method: - A Chevrolet car 2014 with all the modern comfort up to 3/4 passengers. - A Recent van up to 8 people with all comforts (AC and Wifi included).
- Guiding service.
- Transportation in a Private Luxury car our van with air conditioned and Free Wi-Fi.
- All insurance required by the Tourism of Portugal.
- River cruise
- Wine tasting and a visit to Cellars.
- Bottled water.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 € - For lunch and any personal expenses.
Lunch and any personal expenses (bottles of wine, drinks, souvenirs, snacks).
I have a Tour Company Licensed under the nº 1569/2017 the Official Tourism Office of Portugal , For Guide & Driving Tours with mandatory insurances .
I am not an official guide and will not be able to guide you inside of some historical monuments.