Tour of Dingle, Slea Head and Tom Crean's Birthplace in Annascaul.
This private tour will visit the Dingle Peninsula taking in Inch Beach, the scenic driving route of Slea Head with its magnificent views of the Great Blasket Islands, the wild Atlantic Ocean and ancient Fahan Beehive Huts. Also visits to the Blasket Centre, Louis Mulcahy Pottery, Kilmalkedar Church, Gallarus Oratory & Reasc early Christian site.
The tour will also stop in the world renowned quaint fishing town of Dingle visiting art and craft shops on Green Street, local eateries, a visit to Dick Mack's famous old world pub, and a walk through it's busy fishing port and marina.
The tour will visit the village of Annascaul, birthplace of Tom Crean, Antarctic Explorer who was a member of three of the four major British expeditions to Antarctica during the Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration including Robert Scott's 1911-13 Tera Nova Expedition. We will visit Tom Crean's burial place and also the South Pole Inn where he spent the remainder of his life until his death in 1938.
9. 30am - pick up at your accomodation and tour begins with a scenic one hour drive to Dingle town with a brief 5 minute fresh air stop at Inch Beach en route.
10. 45am to 11. 30am - scenic Slea Head Drive & Fahan Beehive Huts.
11. 30am to 1. 30pm - The Great Blasket Island Centre and lunch.
1. 30pm to 2. 30pm - Kilmalkedar Church, Gallarus Oratory and Reasc early Christian site.
2. 30pm to 3. 30pm - walkabout Dingle Town and visit to Dick Macks pub.
3. 30pm to 4. 30pm - tour of Annascaul, birthplace of Tom Crean with visit to burial ground and The South Pole Inn.
4. 30pm to 5. 30pm - return journey to Killarney and drop off at accomodation.
* For larger groups I can hire a mini-coach or bus with driver that will accommodate up to 50 people. Contact me for a quote based on your numbers.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will collect my customers at their selected accommodation in Killarney.
End location: I will return my customers to their accommodation from where they were collected.
Duration: 8 hours
I will be driving an 7 seater Ford Tourneo Custom touring van, 2018 model, air-conditioned, with leather seating and maintained to a high standard.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 Euro - Lunch & Admission fees
I am not restricted access to any historical or heritage sites in Kerry. However, state owned properties such as Muckross House and Ross Castle provide their own guides of the interior of the buildings and you must honour and respect these regulations.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Raymond is an outstanding guide whose friendliness is matched with thorough insights to the rich culture and history of Ireland! His sense of humor and easy mannerisms invite wonderful interactions with clients. His descriptive vocabulary and storytelling are quite captivating. As a bonus to his exceptional guiding skills, he transports in a spotless and roomy van that can still navigate the narrow roads toward less crowded sights! We felt safe and enriched beyond expectations! Thank you!