Design and food tasting within a few quarters
North Esplanade (Pohjoisesplanadi) houses a number of boutiques selling pure Finnish design. These boutiques are located in beautiful New Renaissance buildings and we will step inside to find out more about Nordic minimalism in Finnish design. Marimekko, Iittala, Aarikka, just to mention few, are all represented within a few blocks. We will walk in the very heart of Helsinki center and see what Market Square has to offer for tastings. We will also visit Senate Square, the historical Empire square. This is a convenient walking tour with a cup of coffee in the cultural Jugendsali-cafeteria where we can sit down and enjoy the historical atmosphere surrounding us. At the end of the tour we will taste some Finish delicates in the Market Hall or at Stockmann department store.
The boutiques opens 12 AM on Sundays.
The tour includes:
- Visit to boutiques at Esplanade street and introduction of Finnish Design
- Central Railway station
- Finnish National Art Museum
- Neo classical Senate Square
- tasting of Finnish delicacies in Stockmann department store
- various architecture styles along the walking tour
* Tour starts 12 AM on Sundays when shops open their doors.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting at the foot of Runeberg statue in the middle of Esplanade park. This is located opposite of Pohjois Esplanadi 29, 00100 Helsinki (Hotel Kämp). I will also meet you at your hotel or in the harbour with a sign with your name.
* Cruise guests, depending on the harbour, we will take a tram to the center and tickets are included,
End location: The tour ends at your hotel or any other area agreed. I will guide the direction to your hotel if you decide to stay in the center. There is a shuttle bus to harbour for cruise guests.
Duration: 3 hours
Estimated Local Cash Needed
6 euros - Coffee and pastry in the cafeteria. Finnish cinnamon bun with coffee is 4.90 euros.
* Cruise guests, the price for the shuttle bus back to the harbour varies (6-8 euros).