Explore the iconic Taj Mahal & Red Fort of Agra, on a day trip from Delhi with your own private guide!
Enjoy the heavenly beauty of the Taj Mahal & Agra's other landmarks, on a day trip from Delhi. We use one of India's fastest trains 'Shatabdi Express' to reach Agra in the morning, while we enjoy the journey back to Delhi in a chauffeured AC car.
* See for yourself what all the hype is about, as I guide you through the romantic history & amazing construction of the Taj Mahal (a UNESCO World Heritage site)!
* Further witness the greatness of Indian heritage through a visit to a second UNESCO World Heritage site- Agra Fort! This mighty walled city is another architectural symbol of the city's glorious Mughal past & continues our story of the Taj Mahal's romantic creator!
* Be inspired by a visit to the "Baby Taj", a Mughal mausoleum whose beauty may seem to surpass even that of the Taj!
* A walk through the city's ancient bazaars will bring us up close with 'the real India'!
All this & more in a single-day, private luxury tour by train from New Delhi with your own expert local guide.
Namaste & welcome to your luxury-style tour of Agra!
We set off early to catch the 6AM train (later train available) from Delhi to Agra. Upon our arrival at 8AM, we kick-start our classic tour with a visit to the iconic Taj Mahal where we spend time exploring the beauty of this amazing white marble mausoleum (described as "a teardrop on the face of eternity")!
Our journey through history continues as we explore the royal Red Fort of Agra, before stopping for a delicious traditional lunch.
After refueling, we explore the less visited, but equally amazing, "Baby Taj" & take a closer look at local life on a leisurely stroll through the city's ancient bazaars.
In the afternoon, we have plenty of opportunity to pick up some souvenirs to end our tour- whether it's haggling for a sari or just catching some amazing shots with your camera! We also have the option of viewing a marble inlay demonstration!
After a day full of lifetime experiences, we drive back to Delhi (3 hours approx. ) in our chauffeured AC car.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel/Railway Station/Airport or a specific location desired by you (within Delhi only).
End location: Hotel/Railway Station/Airport or a specific location desired by you (within Delhi or Agra only).
Duration: 12 hours
* The tour duration can be more or less depending upon your wishes (additional charges may apply).
* Although rare, timings may vary due to unforeseen circumstances such as fog, rain, local traffic conditions etc.
* During the tour I typically recommend restaurants which offer hygienic, traditional Indian cuisine suitable for foreigners (although you may request to eat anywhere of your choosing).
** Please note that the Taj Mahal is CLOSED on Fridays **
* Air-conditioned train to Agra.
* Chauffeured air-conditioned car (e.g. Toyota Innova). Air-conditioned mini-van (e.g. Tempo-Traveller), in case of more than 4 people in the party.
* My professional services as your very own government trained & qualified local guide!
* Transfer to the train station by A/C car from your hotel in Delhi.
* A/C train to Agra (including a simple Indian breakfast provided on the journey from Delhi to Agra).
* Transportation in a chauffeured luxury A/C car while in Agra (including all parking fees, road taxes, & fuel charges). Drive back to Delhi in the same car.
* Packaged drinking water, juice and/or soft-drinks throughout the tour.
* A truly memorable & authentic Indian experience!
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2000 INR - For personal expenses while touring (such as meals, tipping at restaurants, etc).
* There are no hidden 'extras' on my tours! * (I even tip the drivers!)
* Accommodation, meals & alcoholic beverages (including tipping), monument admission tickets, shopping & other personal expenses.
SPECIAL HOTEL TRANSFER/S
* Please allow for an additional payment of US$30 (per person/ journey) for hotel transfers to &/or from your hotel in Delhi, outside the tour dates (within tour dates this service is free!).
ALTERNATE MEETING LOCATION/S
* Please allow for an additional payment of US$100 (per journey) if you wish for my services to begin &/or end at a location other than Delhi or Agra (e.g. in Jaipur).
I'm an official Government of India guide for Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu, Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, & Chandigarh. I will arrange for Government-qualified professional drivers & accompany you throughout the tour.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Ashish efficiently organised our day trip to Agra and surrounds by train. Knowledgeable and personable, he was able to include all the things we had discussed prior to taking the trip. He was flexible on timings, and we never felt rushed. He informed us throughout the day of our schedule so that we could choose to slow down or speed up as we wanted. He took us to a great restaurant for lunch, and was easy to get along with. I recommend him wholeheartedly.