Explore the iconic Taj Mahal & Red Fort of Agra, on a day trip from Delhi with your own private guide!
* See for yourself what all the fuss is about as I guide you through the romantic history & amazing construction of the Taj Mahal- described as the "Pearl of Architecture" (a UNESCO World Heritage Site).
* Witness the greatness of Indian heritage through a visit to a second UNESCO World Heritage site, Agra Fort. This mighty walled city is a symbol of the glorious past of the Mughals & is a "must-see" landmark during your visit to Agra!
* Be inspired by a visit to the "Baby Taj" complex (Tomb of Etimad-ud-Daulah), a Mughal mausoleum whose beauty may seem to surpass even that of the Taj Mahal!
* Delve deeper into Mughal art & culture with a marble-inlay demonstration or further explore the city's ancient markets & monuments.
All this & more, with the comfort & security of your own government trained & authorised local guide!
Please note that this tour is fully customizable as per your convenience, however a typical itinerary is as follows:
Namaste & welcome to the tour!
We depart from Delhi by 6:00 AM (later options available) in our private chauffeured AC car, reaching Agra at around 9:30 AM. Once in Agra, we visit the iconic Taj Mahal, taking our time to fully appreciate its captivating beauty!
After a delicious lunch, we explore the impressive walled city of the Agra Fort (our second UNESCO World Heritage site)!
If time permits, we have the option of visiting "Baby Taj"complex (possibly the only monument to rival the beauty of the Taj Mahal itself!) or shopping for some souvenirs, before making our way back to Delhi at ~8:00 PM.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel/Railway Station/Airport or a specific location desired by you (within Delhi or Agra only).
End location: Hotel/Railway Station/Airport or a specific location desired by you (within Delhi or Agra only).
Duration: 12 hours
* The tour duration can be more or less depending upon your wishes (additional charges may apply).
* Although rare, timings may vary due to unforeseen circumstances such as fog, rain, local traffic conditions etc.
* During the tour I typically recommend restaurants which offer hygienic, traditional Indian cuisine suitable for foreigners (although you may request to eat anywhere of your choosing).
** Please note that the Taj Mahal is CLOSED on Fridays **
Chauffeured air-conditioned car (e.g. Swift Dzire/ Toyota Etios/ Toyota Innova).
If booking for more than 4 people, an air-conditioned mini-van (e.g. Tempo-Traveller) will be used. Please let me know if there are more than 4 people in your party. Extra charges applied.
* My professional services as your very own government trained & qualified local guide!
* Transportation in a chauffeured A/C car throughout the tour (including all parking fees, road taxes, & fuel charges).
* Packaged drinking water, juice and/or soft-drinks throughout the tour.
* A truly memorable & authentic Indian experience!
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3500 INR - For personal expenses while touring (such as meals, monument admission tickets etc).
* meals, monument admission tickets, shopping & other personal expenses.
* Please allow for an additional payment of US$25 for a pick up or drop off location in Gurgaon.
I'm an official Government of India guide for Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu, Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, & Chandigarh. I will arrange for Government-qualified professional drivers & accompany you throughout the tour.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Ashish is a very knowledgeable, personable and friendly guide. Our day trip to Agra (from Delhi) started early and ended late, but Ashish remained enthusiastic and caring throughout. He shared interesting history and cultural insights, answered all of our varied questions and was interested in us and our interests. We very highly recommend Ashish. You would be fortunate to spend a day with him touring.