Explore the miracle world of the Danube Delta and tour Constanta, ancient port city on the Black Sea, on a 2-day private tour
Experience the beauty and serenity of the Danube Delta, Europe's last natural paradise, then tour the city of Constanta, Romania's largest port at the Black Sea, on a private 2 days tour with your personal guide.
The Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve is a delight for bird-watchers, fishers and wildlife lovers. The landscape composed of an intricate network of channels, lakes, marshes dominated by reeds forming floating reed islets is unique. The greatest stretch of reed beds in the world provides resting and breeding places for over 300 species of birds, among which the Pelican, a true symbol of Danube Delta. Bring your camera to take fantastic pictures/movies during our boat trips!
In addition, discover the ancient city of Constanta and the atmosphere of this windswept city on the Black Sea coast. We will have lunch in the old marina, stroll around the Old Town and enjoy the seafront promenade before returning to Bucharest.
We set off in the morning, traveling across the vast expanse of the Baragan Plane. Around noon we will take lunch in the town of Tulcea to a local fish restaurant, before getting to Murighiol, our entryway to the Danube Delta. From here a small motor boat will take us for a 3 hours trip into the wonderful nature paradise of the Delta. Overnight at hotel in the Danube Delta.
After breakfast, transfer by boat back to Murighiol and then continue by car to Constanta. We will have a lunch break in Constanta, before starting our city tour from Ovidiu Square, the main square of the old town. Stroll around the streets and along the seafront promenade and climb to the top of the Great Mosque for panoramic views of the city. Return to Bucharest in the afternoon.
- passports are required in order to purchase your entry permit to the Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve
- bring some fleece jacket, a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- long sleeve shirt, long trousers, mosquitoes repellent may be useful
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will pick you up from your hotel/location in Bucharest or Constanta
End location: At your hotel/location in Bucharest or Constanta
Duration: 2 days
Transfer from Bucharest to the Danube Delta, Constanta and back by private car, a new 2017 Volkswagen Golf, air conditioned.
Transportation by rented motor boat in the Danube Delta.
- transportation by private car, a new 2017 Volkswagen Golf, fully insured, air-conditioned
- parking fees and fuel
- road tolls
- guide/driver fee
- entry permits to the Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve
Estimated Local Cash Needed
890 Lei - Estimation of all that you have to pay during the tour, PER PERSON:
- 160 Lei/person 1 night traveler accommodation in shared room at hotel
- A SHARED cost of 250 Lei guide accommodation
- A SHARED cost of 800 Lei boat trip
- Around 180 Lei/person the cost of meals/refreshing drinks for 2 days (2 meals/day; breakfast is included in the room rate)
- 25 Lei/person the admission fees
890 Lei/person (or 225 USD/person) for 2 people
630 Lei/person (or 160 USD/person) for 4 people
- 1 night accommodation for traveler and guide at 3*-4* hotel in the Danube Delta
- cost of boat trip in the Danube Delta
- the food and drink of your choice
- admission fees to museums/objectives (if apply)