Landing/ Normandy/ June6/ A Day of Remembrance
For almost 4 years, I have been specializing in Private Guided tours of the D-Day Landing Beaches and the Battle of Normandy. I will be glad to share my knowledge about the most impressive naval campaign. With me you'll discover the carnage unleashed here in Normandy on 6 June 1944.
I'll show you where General Norman Cota took the commandent on Omaha. You'll see the scenes from the movie "The Longest Day". You will hear the real story of "Saving Private Ryan"
For my clients I am trying to show as much as I can ( the original weapons, the German defensive areas)
Normally, one museum is visited during the tour and the entrance fee generally costs from 6 to 10 euros per person. Lunch is as you like, bring or buy sandwiches. You can choose: some light cooked lunch in a cafe or you can enjoy the 4 course lunch in a 5 star restaurant, you just need to say on the day. . .
Typical itinerary: La Pointe du Hoc / Omaha (Surrounded by steep cliffs and heavily defended, Omaha was the bloodiest of the D-Day beaches, with roughly 4, 600 U. S. troops turning up dead, wounded or missing. )
American Cemetery (The most powerful, the most humbling site, the Normandy American Cemetery has 9, 387 burials of US service men and women overlooking Omaha beach. . . )
Longues-sur Mer, the original guns/ Arromanches
- Utah beach, Saint Mére Eglise ("We'll start the war from here!" U. S. Brigadier General Theodore Roosevelt Jr. , the son of former President Theodore Roosevelt, shouted upon realizing the mistake. . . )
- Juno Beach, Canadian Cemetery at Beny/ Reviers, Garden of the Canadiens at the Abbey of Ardennes near Caen.
Gold Beach, Sword Beach, Bayeux Commonwealth Cemetery, Pegasus Bridge
KEEP IN MIND that it's really really impossible to discover the whole landing sector that is more than 50 miles long, so think over and decide what you would like to see in one day!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: - I can pick you up in Caen/ Bayeux/ Le Havre any other town in Normandy
- if you are to arrive to Caen by train, I'll pick you up at the train station: 15 Place de la gare - 14 000 CAEN.
- if you stay in the hotel located in Caen (or in the area approximately 15 km from Caen) WITHOUT transport, I'll pick you up at your hotel with the car and the driver.
-if you have your personal transport, the MEETING is Caen Memorial Museum, Esplanade Général Eisenhower, 14050 Caen ( the parking is free)
- if you stay in any other city/ town/ village in LOWER NORMANDY without a car, I can pick you up at your hotel ( for the additional extra pay depending on the distance from Caen).
Paris-Caen: 145 miles, 2h40
Caen-Bayeux: 19 miles, 30 min
Le Havre-Caen: 54 miles, 1h30
Caen- Mont St Michel: 79 miles, 1h40
Caen- Lisieux: 39 miles, 50 min
Caen- Honfleur: 39 miles, 50 min
End location: The DD landing tour can end:
- the train station: 15 Place de la gare - 14 000 CAEN.
- Caen Memorial Museum, Esplanade Général Eisenhower, 14050 Caen if you have your transport.
- Your hotel if you stay in Caen
- Any other hotel in Lower Normandy ( please mind the additional charges included to the price depending on the distance from Caen to your hotel)
Duration: 8 hours
For the groups from 1 to 3 people, you'll be travelling in VW berline, 5 places with Svetlana as your driver and your guide.
For the parties bigger than 3 people, you will travel in a deluxe air-conditioned minivan WITH the DRIVER and Svetlana as your GUIDE.
The possibility of having VIP cars like Tesla or Jaguar for the extra.
The possibility of having the minibuses 19-36 places.
Guided Normandy tour on the landing beaches by minibus/car with live commentary includes:
Transport by air-conditioned minibus;
Numerous stops on the landing areas;
Bottles of water in the minibus/car.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 euros - Lunch is as you like, bring or buy sandwiches, light cooked lunch in a cafe or 4 course lavish 5 star restaurant, you just need to say on the day.During our 6 hours tour you will get hungry!
In case you want to get some souvenirs on the way you have to consider around 10 Euros or more.
-Any museum entrance,
- Shops, souvenirs
*** Note that the price of the tour can vary depending on the number of the clients and the meeting location.
I can create a customized tour for you in case you have special requests or if you are less/more than "7" amount of people and need a smaller/larger vehicle.
THE PRICE indicated is for a group that is MORE THAN 3 with the depart from Caen/ Bayeux or other nearest villages ( 15 miles)
For a party smaller than 4 the price is less ( 720 euros depart from Caen/ Bayeux or other nearest villages)
The tour duration is 8 hours. It means if I pick you up at 9 a.m. I bring you back at 5 p.m. ( extra hours will be charged )
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
There were two couples. The men are D Day buffs and the women just went along to be supportive. By the end of the day all four of us were D Day buffs. Svetlana is an amazing guide. She senses the interests and attention spans of each member of the group and plans the day accordingly. Very flexible and focused on the group. She has a very impressive mind. There was no detail, date, or interesting story that she could not remember. The day was informative and very enjoyable.