Birdwatching in spring, observe flamingos and other bird species
A great tour for the spring months. Join me for a visit to Larnaca Salt Lake. Enjoy the view of Greater Flamingo (Phoenicopterus roseus) feeding and watch their impressive flying formations. Experience the coastal wetland area south of the lake where a good number of species can be observed throughout the year; flamingos, ducks, seagulls, terns, harriers and other birds of prey, cormorants, and various waders.
Tailor your visit to include the nearby mosque of Umm Haram, Panayia Angeloktisti byzantine church in Kiti village, or the small Venetian watchtower near Pervolia village before tasting the local cuisine with a view of the sea.
- departure from Nicosia
- arrival at Larnaca Salt Lake to observe Greater Flamingos (Phoenicopterus roseus) feeding and optional visit to Umm Haram mosque
- then a drive along the coast south of the main lake where a good number of bird species can be observed
- drive to 15th century Venetian watchtower and then to the lighthouse at Pervolia
- visit to Panayia Angeloktisti church
- lunch at seaside restaurant (optional)
- drive through the town of Larnaca and then to Oroklini Lake for more bird watching. An important breeding site for Black-winged Stilts and Spur-winged lapwing. The impressive Red-crested pochard also breeds here
- (Optional) Return to Salt Lake for evening view and beautiful sunset views before returning home.
- return to Nicosia
Note:July, August, September are generally dry season, but depending on the year it should be possible to offer a customized tour to the monuments and still have a worthwhile birdwatching outing as there is some water in one or two smaller lakes/reservoirs
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meet at your hotel or other accommodation in Nicosia
End location: Return to your hotel or other accommodation in Nicosia
Duration: 8 hours
Transportation with air-conditioned private car.
Audi A4 for driver and 3 passengers, clean and in very good condition.
- My time and service as your private guide
- Entrance fees
- Binoculars and spotting scope
- Snacks, water and drinks
- 4G internet connection included
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 euro - This is the maximum price for lunch at a local restaurant. This is optional, since water, drinks and snacks will be provided.
This tour is designed for up to 3 travelers. If your group is larger (up to 8 people) please contact me for details and a quote.
I am not a licensed guide and will not be able to guide you into archaeological museums and sites.
My car can fit up to 3 people comfortably. Please inquire for larger groups.