A traditional Cretan house visit and an authentic culinary experience - private tour
During this tour You will experience a day in a Cretan traditional house in a mountain village.
Sharing the day with the family of the house, you will participate in their everyday activities from making Cretan coffee and baking bread in the wood oven to cooking together a traditional dish for the meal of the day. You will find out how the special, famous Cretan "antikristo" lamb is made.
You will try local wine and Raki and you will see the process of Raki making in their two hundred years old still. You will find out all about wine making in Crete, visit local vineyards and a traditional wine press.
You will try mountain tea, various herbs and spices, homemade marmalades and delicious cheese from the local dairy.
You will stroll in the village and explore the traditional architecture, reach an orthodox church with a panoramic view and visit ancient wine presses. If you feel like going deeper into ancient eras, the ancient Archaic town of "Risinia" of the early 7th century bc is there to astonish you.
A day in a real Cretan house in a traditional mountain village, near Heraklion. You will have the chance to participate in every day local activities, experience culinary wanders and more, such as:
- Brew Greek coffee on hot sand
- Make and Bake bread in the wood oven
- Prepare and Cook a traditional dish yourself and experiencing the process of "antikristo" traditional lamb dish
- Taste local wine, olive oil, table olives, herbs, mountain tea, local liqueurs and fruit punches, homemade marmalade, local cheese
- Visit vineyards and olive grooves
- Experience the traditional village architecture
- Visit ancient sites in the area such as ancient wine presses and the Archaic 7th century b. c. town of 'Rizinia'
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Heraklion Cruise Ship Port
End location: Heraklion Cruise Ship Port
Duration: 5 hours
A new, modern, fully air conditioned Premium class Minibus with 7 pax capacity
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 euro - Cash to cover your personal expenses/shopping
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Fun tour, fun guide, we would definitely use Marilina again.