Visit the Best of Kilkenny with a Private Guide!
Departing from your city centre location we make the journey to visit the Rock of Cashel in County Tipperary. Along the journey we will learn the history of this majestic town and view the "Rock" for some amazing photos as we arrive at its foot for a site visit.
On top of the rock you can enjoy fine views of the Tipperary countryside. You will explore one of the finest religious sites in Ireland, and marvel at the fine architecture. Learn about Cormac's Church and walk in the footprints of saints, scholars and Britain's Queen Elizabeth.
On our journey to Killkenny we travel along the Golden Vale and see the forty shades of green as we learn about Irelands agricultural and equine history. Arriving in Killkenny you can enjoy 2 hours of free time in Ireland's medieval capital. You may visit Castle or St Canice's Cathedral. Enjoy a walk in the Castle Gardens, with pleasant views of the River Nore. Lunch can be enjoyed in one of the many local pubs, cafes or restraunts.
We travel back for Cork via Youghal.
9. 00 Depart your agreed location in a luxury Mercedes Touring Car.
10. 30 Arrive at Rock of Cashel. Learn about the Irelands High Kings and St. Patrick at what was once Irelands religious and political capital.
12. 00 Depart for Killkenny. We travel along the stunning Golden Vale and learn about Irelands equine industry.
13. 00 Arrive Killkenny. Enjoy free time to stroll the medieval streets of Ireland tidiest town. Visit Killkenny castle and gardens. Enjoy lunch in a local pub.
15. 30 We depart Killkenny and make our way towards the coastal town of Youghal (pronounced 'Y'All"). Hear about Sir Walter Rally introducing the potato and its effects on the Irish. We also travel through the famous dairy region of Ireland learning about our world leading agricultural industry.
17. 00 Return to Cork city centre drop off location after a great days touring.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your tour will start from an agreed location. i.e Hotel, Ferry Terminal, Rail or Bus Station
End location: Your tour will conclude at the agreed start point. Passengers may request a city centre location.
Duration: 8 hours
Luxury New Top of The Range Mercedes V Class.
State-of-the-art private, chauffer-driven vehicle and the dedicated services of an expert tour guide.
Complimentary bottled water.
Collection and return directly to your chosen city centre location.
We offer our guests the freedom to make changes to our suggested itinerary to better suit your expectations**
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 Euro - Rock of Cashel Entry Fee 7.00 Euro
Killkenny Castle 'Entry Fee 5.00 Euro
Lunch 10.00 Euro
Entry Fee to Rock of Cashel
Entry Fee to Killkenny Castle
Published Tours Max 6 persons
However, should you require a private tour for a larger group or family please do not hesitate to contact me for your customised private tour using a larger vehicle. Fee's for such tours will vary.