Motor and Walking Tour of Cork City and Blarney Castle.
Cork City, which is Ireland's second largest city, is rich in history and tradition with a unique blend of contemporary style and old world charm. Pedestrian laneways, narrow streets, small boutiques, galleries, gourmet food shops and a host of interesting pubs fan out across the city.
Your private tour will start with an early morning visit to Blarney Castle and Woollen Mills where you will have the opportunity to kiss the Blarney Stone and be bestowed with the "Gift of Eloquence".
We will drive into Cork City to the English Market where Queen Elizabeth 11 paid a visit during her Royal Visit to Ireland in 2011. You will have lunch in one of the famous Cork pubs on Cornmarket Street, The Bodega or the Cornmarket Bar. Your tour will also include a visit to St. Fin Barre's Cathedral in the heart of Cork City and built on a site where St. Fin Barre founded his first monastic site and church during the 7th century. The tour will conclude with a guided tour of the historical sites in the town of Cobh.
9. 30am - collection at your hotel in Cork or Cruise Liner in Cobh
10am to 11. 30am - visit to Blarney Castle & Woollen Mills
11. 30am to 1pm - visit to The English Market on Cork's Grand Parade.
1. 30pm to 2. 30pm - Lunch at The Cornmarket Bar or The Bodega Bar.
2. 30pm to 3. 30pm - visit to St. Fin Barre's Cathedral.
3. 30pm to 5. 30pm - guided tour of the historical sites of the town of Cobh.
5. 30pm - return to your Hotel or Cruise Ship.
* For larger groups I can hire a mini-coach or bus with driver that will accommodate up to 50 people. Contact me for a quote based on your numbers.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will collect you at your hotel or from your Cruise Liner.
End location: I will return you to your hotel or your Cruise Liner
Duration: 7 hours 30 min.
I will be driving my 7 seater Ford Tourneo Custom touring van, 2018 model, air-conditioned, leather seating and maintained to a high standard.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 Euro - This local payment is the cost of lunch per person during the tour.
I am not restricted access to any historical or heritage sites in Kerry. However, state owned properties such as Muckross House and Ross Castle provide their own guides of the interior of the buildings and you must honour and respect these regulations.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We were very pleased with Raymond. He went above and beyond in order to please all members of our tour. I would definitely use Raymond and Tours by Locals again.