Private Luxury 5 Day/4 Night Tour of the magnificent Wild Atlantic Way and Ancient East from Dublin
Have only a few days to spend outside Dublin, but would like to see as much of the spectacular Southwest as possible? This 5 day tour takes you from Cork to Killarney, Galway or Limerick or reverse! If you're ok with being on the move, this short but sweet tour is for you! We'll be on our way from Dublin in luxurious comfort enroute to Cork. Overnight and then onto Killarney with stops along the way. After three overnights in Killarney and two full day tours, its off to Galway or Limerick where you'll overnight or same day connect on to Dublin via train. This chauffeured tour takes you to some of the most beautiful places in the South of Ireland and can be easily reversed. An ideal tour package for those arriving/departing from Dublin, but wanting to see a little more of Ireland.
The itinerary is based on my experience of how to best enjoy not just the destination but the journey. It's "Your Tour - Your Trail"™ so join me in 2018
This tour has been created with the starting point in Dublin headed south to Cork however, it could easily start headed counterclockwise to Galway as well.
Day 1-Pick up Dublin, touring enroute to Cork. Overnight.
Day 2-Scenic drive to Killarney via Blarney Castle & Wollen Mills or visit to the Jameson Experience in Midleton. Arrive in Killarney. Overnight Killarney.
Day 3-The Dingle & Slea Head Tour enjoy the green, rolling fields & jagged cliffs overlooking the Atlantic. Overnight Killarney.
Day 4-Ring of Kerry Tour, exploring one of Ireland's most famous drives, reaching spectacular places no bus tour can and most self-guided tours will miss. From the Skellig Ring looking out to the Star Wars filming location on the coast of the Iveragh peninsula, to Waterville. Overnight Killarney.
Day 5-Enjoy scenic drive and ferry crossing the River Shannon on the way to the Famous Cliffs of Moher to either Limerick or Galway. From either, you can overnight or same day reconnect with the train for Dublin.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Dublin
End location: Cork, Galway or Limerick accommodations with guest taking reliable Irish rail return to Dublin. End location will depend on direction of travel from Dublin.
Weather, time of year and rare (but possible) Irish Rail delays may impact any tour in Ireland, however, rain or shine I will attempt to insure your tour goes off as planned.
Duration: 5 days
Traffic & weather can impact an Irish tour no matter the season, but flexibility and having an experienced, private guide/driver behind the wheel allows you to enjoy the journey, as well as the days, no matter the weather or the traffic conditions on the road.
Travel in true executive class BMW 740LI (long wheelbase) sedan or 2017 Mercedes V-Class touring van, depending on number of guests. In order to provide you the very best, exclusive touring experience available, each premium vehicle is of a standard unmatched by rental class vans or cars often offered by tour providers.
* Luxury, air-conditioned 2017 Mercedes V-class touring van with individual captain's chairs and all of the style and amenities a Mercedes passenger sedan offers. Or, for 2 or less guests, the long chassis BMW 740Li executive sedan for a genuinely elegant, private touring experience. Each premium vehicle is meticulously maintained, both inside and out, and of a caliber unmatched by regular rental class vans or cars often offered for touring
* Failte Ireland Qualified Guide
* Driver fully insured & licensed by Irish Nat'l Transport Authority for passenger transportation
* Vehicles fully insured for commercial, passenger transport (required in Ireland)
* Ferry service fee on Shannon River
* Entrance fees to The Cliffs of Moher
* All fuel costs and tolls
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 euro - For refreshments and souviners along the way if desired.
* Train Tickets
* If you would prefer to be both collected and returned to Dublin, rather than making train arrangements for from final location on last day, there will be an additional charge, including overnight expenses for guide. Please enquire.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
5 days with Gerard. Perfect from the start in Dublin to the very end! The drive to Ashford Castle was interesting as we saw sights along the way. Then Killarney 3 nights and back to Dublin via Blarney and Kilkenny. He made everyday special..even the day it rained the entire car trip! Once he gets to know your likes and dislikes, he tailor-makes the trip even more special. He even surprised us one night and took us to a Celtic dance show..which was a highlight! Gerard makes you want to come back!!