Luxury 4 Day/3 Night Tour of the magnificent South of Ireland starting or ending Galway
Have only a few days, but would like to see as much of the spectacular Southwest as possible? This 4 day tour takes you from Galway to Killarney to Cork (or Limerick) or reverse! If you're ok with being on the move, this short but oh so sweet tour is for you! You'll take advantage of the excellent and easy Irish rail service and simply take the train from Dublin to Galway (or Cork) where I'll be waiting. We'll be on our way in elegance and comfort to Killarney with stops along the way. After two overnights in Killarney and two full day tours, its off to Cork where you'll overnight and continue onward to Dublin via train. This chauffeured tour takes you to some of the most beautiful places in the South of Ireland and can be easily reversed. An ideal tour package for those arriving/departing from Dublin, but wanting to see a little more of iconic Ireland.
The itinerary is based on my experience of how to best enjoy not just the destination but the journey. It's "Your Tour - Your Trail"™ so join me in 2018!
This tour has been created with the starting point in Galway however, it could easily start in Cork as well.
Day 1 - Arrive via train in Galway from Dublin at 12:00. Scenic drive enroute to Killarney but first to the famous Cliffs of Moher. Castle & Wollen Mills or visit to the Jameson Experience in Midleton. Arrive in Killarney. Overnight. Killarney
Days 2 - The Dingle & Slea Head Tour, from the green, rolling fields to jagged cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Overnight Killarney.
Day 3 - The Ring of Kerry Tour, exploring one of Ireland's most famous drives, reaching spectacular places no bus tour can and most self-guided tours will miss. From the Skellig Ring looking out to the Star Wars filming location on the coast of the Iveragh peninsula, to Waterville. Overnight. Killarney
Day 4 - Enjoy the scenic drive on way to Cork with time for either Blarney Castle or perhaps a visit for Jameson. You can overnight in Cork or reconnect with the train for return to Dublin.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Galway or Limerick
End location: Cork.
Duration: 4 days
As weather and traffic may impact any tour in Ireland, rain or shine I will attempt to insure your tour goes off as planned no matter the season. Having a flexible guide and an experienced, private driver behind the wheel allows you to enjoy the journey, as well as the day, no matter the weather or the traffic conditions on the road.
Travel in true executive class BMW 740LI (long wheelbase) sedan or 2017 Mercedes V-Class touring van, depending on number of guests. In order to provide you the very best, exclusive touring experience available, each premium vehicle is of a standard unmatched by rental class vans or cars often offered by tour providers.
* Luxury, air-conditioned 2017 Mercedes V-class touring van with individual captain's chairs and all of the style and amenities a Mercedes passenger sedan offers. Or, for 2 or less guests, the long chassis BMW 740Li executive sedan for a genuinely elegant, private touring experience. Each premium vehicle is meticulously maintained, both inside and out, and of a caliber unmatched by regular rental class vans or cars often offered for touring
* Failte Ireland Qualified Guide
* Driver fully insured & licensed by Irish Nat'l Transport Authority for passenger transportation
* Vehicles fully insured for commercial, passenger transport (required in Ireland)
* Ferry service fee on Shannon River
* Entrance fees to The Cliffs of Moher
* Fuel costs and tolls
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 Euro - Lunch & Refreshments
* Train Tickets
* If you would prefer to be collected from Dublin, or returned to Dublin, rather than making train arrangements, there will be an additional charge, including overnight expenses for guide. Please enquire.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Hi - my daughter and I just completed a four day tour with Gerard. I have done several of these tours with a private guide or organized tour and Gerard clearly stands out as our best overall all experience. I would highly recommend him to all. Gerard was not only an enjoyable person to spend 8 hour with each day but saved us a lot of time and money. At the start he directed us to take a train vs private driver for a simple leg which saved us hours and hundreds of Euros.