Discover the Must-sees of Copenhagen with Your Local Authorized Guide
The kings of the road - that's we sometimes call the bicyclists in Copenhagen. And on this tour, you'll get the opportunity to blend in with the locals in a city that is really "copenhagenized" in the truest sense of the word.
In urban planning, "copenhagenize" is a catch-phrase that has been coined to indicate that the infrastructure of a city is very bike-friendly. And that's exactly what Copenhagen is.
Most of us use our bicycle on a daily basis, including me. For most of my life, it has been my passion to keep on exploring my capital. I just ❤️ Copenhagen, especially on my bicycle, and my aim is to make you feel the same way! So, when in Copenhagen: Do as the Copenhageners - but at your pace.
On this tour, we have time to experience a lot of lovely paths reserved for bikes along the inner harbor.
The 5 hours will enable you to have a break for a snack - or maybe a "smørrebrød" (the famous Danish open-faced sandwiches) - if you want.
- The Little Mermaid: 100+ years old - but still going strong
- The royal Amalienborg Palace: our Queen's winter residence (outside visit)
- The colorful Harbor of Nyhavn: the picture-postcard spot in Copenhagen
- The renaissance Stock Exchange: including the peculiar dragon-tail spire
- The impressive Christiansborg Palace: home to our Parliament (outside visit)
- The fairytale Castle of Rosenborg: with the crown jewels (outside visit)
- The serene Cathedral: with its sculptures by Bertel Thorvaldsen (if open, we'll peek inside)
- The old-charm Tivoli Gardens: with its flower arrangements and fun rides (outside visit)
- The cutting-edge Bike Snake: a sculptural, elevated bridge reserved for bikes
- The popular Harbor Bath: in season, bring your swimming gear for taking a dip in the inner harbor
- The gem of The Black Diamond: with interesting architecture along the waterfront
The exact itinerary (and the attractions to be included) will depend on our meeting and end locations.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Anywhere in the inner city, including Langelinie Cruise Terminal. If you arrive at Oceankaj Cruise Terminal, please refer to my tour called "Copenhagen by bike from Oceankaj Cruise Terminal".
End location: Anywhere in the inner city, including Langelinie Cruise Terminal
Duration: 5 hours
This is a bike tour (10 to 15 km (6 to 9 to miles), depending on meeting and end locations), mainly on lanes and paths reserved for bikes.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
120 DKK - You'll need 120 DKK (Danish Kroner) (about 20 USD) per person, per day for rental bikes if you rent the bikes in the inner city (if you stay at a hotel, you can often rent bikes there). Supplement for delivery of bikes to Langelinie Cruise Terminal. Please contact me if you want me to assist you with renting the bikes.
If you want to grab a cold drink or a coffee to go, you may need 50 DKK (Danish Kroner) per person - although credit cards and USD/EUR bank notes are widely accepted.
Due to legal constraints in Denmark, I cannot act as a driver-guide.
My guide languages are: English, German and Danish - but I can small-talk and answer your questions in French, Spanish and Swedish, if needed... ☺