I have lived and worked in the USA for 5 years, for the MET Opera in NYC, and lived in Italy and England as a historical costume designer for film and theatre productions. That's where the deep love for history, art, paintings, architecture and craftsmanship derives from.
I was born and raised in Copenhagen in the historical heart of the City, near the Queen's Palace.
I have been training for this job my entire life since my Mother has arranged historical tours in Copenhagen and exploring museums for more than 35 years, knowing every little brick of the City, also being an Authorised Licensed Tourist Guide.
Exploring the adventures of Copenhagen since childhood, all the small secretes and hidden gems, has just made me love Copenhagen even more.
Oh, if all the houses could speak !
They would tell us amazing stories !
So I was born into Historical Tours and they run deep in this family.
It is a Family Tradition !
I am passionate about my work: welcoming people from all around the World, knowing that this might be their only time to experience Copenhagen and Denmark.
That makes it pivotal for me to try to give them the very best experience possible.
I also give lectures on Danish Design, Danish Architecture, Danish and Russian Crown Jewels, as well as lectures on Fabergé and the fantastic Easter Eggs for the Russian Zar, and the strong Royal family ties to Denmark.
The tours are private, only for you and your group.
Therefor you will have the time to ask the questions you might have been wondering about.
You will hear about everyday life of the Danes. The Danish welfare system, the Danish tax system, the political system and family life.
And why the Danes have been voted the happiest people in the world.
Combined with rich historical facts, and the backgrounds to why things are the way they are today, in Modern Day Denmark.
I hope to welcome you soon here in Wonderful Copenhagen !
A Recent Review of this guide
Our guide, Bernadette was friendly, enthusiastic, and very informative. She picked up on our interests and gave our interests considerable attention. She is more than happy to point out other sites along our journey making for a delightful day. She was also very attentive to our safety during walks on uneven surfaces and steps........Excellent guide and travel companion!
* Authorised Licensed Tourist Guide, Licensed from The University of Roskilde, RUC.
* Licensed to Guide you inside all Museums, Castles and All Inside Visits.
* 10 years of Experience as Authorized Licensed Tourist Guide.
* 10 years of Experience as Tour Director.
* Member of:
* The Association of Authorised Tourist Guides - Denmark
which is a member of
* European Federation of Tourist Guide Associations: FEG and
* World Federation of Tourist Guide Associations: WFTGA
I specialize in Private Guided Tours with Vehicles.
* Exclusively with Legal Prof. Insured Drivers
* Tailormade for you and your group
* Exclusively with Vehicles to make the most of your time
* I am Licensed to Guide you inside all Museums and Castles