Explore the seaside and enjoy the highlights of Constanta
A day tour for those interested to find out more about the history of this town, from its early beginnings, some 2500 years ago, to the rebirth of the Modern Age and its contemporary life.
We will wander through the streets, discovering the symbols and traces of many cultures that have built or shared this space: Roman, Greek, Turkish, Armenian, Bulgarian or Jewish (and their respective religious buildings) standing alongside modern and contemporary architecture, in the midst of a busy city life.
We will climb up the tower of the Great Mosque, find the narrowest street and share stories about the past and present of the city.
The tour will also offer visits to two museums: The Museum of National History and Archeology of Constanta, that includes an exhibition on Communism in Dobrogea, and The Museum of Folk Art.
We will also visit Mamaia, the resort north of Constanta, where we stroll on a walkway on the sea, see the Queen's palace, and depending on the season, see Mamaia from the cable cart.
- Walking tour of the peninsula, including the visits to the Museum of National History and Archeology Constanta and the Museum of Folk Art.
* In off-peak season (October to May) the Museum of History is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Drive through Constanta and the story of the city
- Visit the wildlife micro-reservation (depending on the season timetable; it closes at 4 pm in wintertime)
- Visit Mamaia, cable cart ride (depending on the season availability; does not run in the off-season - October to May)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At the cruise ship terminal or a place of your convenience in Constanta or Mamaia
End location: At the cruise ship terminal or a place of your convenience in Constanta or Mamaia
Duration: 6 hours
Personal car, Opel Astra sedan, a/c
Estimated Local Cash Needed
110 RON - 5 RON Great Mosque entrance
25 RON entrance to the Museum of national history
10 RON entrance Museum of Folk Art
12 RON entrance Micro-Reservation
20 RON Tele-gondola Ride (one way)
10 RON For a snack and a drink or about 25 RON for a street food lunch. You would need more if you want to go to a restaurant
I am not a licensed guide and will not be able to guide you inside some of the museums. Please inquire me for more details.