Tour Romania's seaside city of Constanta with your private guide and comfortable car
Private day tour to Constanta, Romania's largest port at the Black Sea and one of the most important cities. Modern day Constanta is the ancient city of Tomis, with a history going back to 600 BC when it was founded by the Greek colonists. It is worth visiting Constanta for the seafront promenade, the stunning Old Town and the unique atmosphere of this wind-swept seacoast city.
In case you are more than 4 people and need a larger vehicle I can arrange for a minivan.
Early set off from Bucharest and drive to Constanta, passing the stretches of Baragan plain, then crossing the Danube and the rolling hills of Dobrogea, the ancient territory between Danube and the Black Sea. Arrival in Constanta around 11:00 am.
You will be given a general introduction into the history of region and of the city of Constanta. Visit of the Roman Edifice with Mosaic. Then we will have a leisure stroll around the Old Town and on the seafront promenade, passing the magnificent Casino, now derelict. Stop for lunch to one of the restaurants or cafes lying around the old bay.
Next, visit the Great Mosque, one of the city's defining landmarks. The 140-step minaret provides wonderful views over the sea and the city. Then we walk a little more around the quaint streets full of dilapidated gems of the Old Town and see some more landmarks, including the wonderful Orthodox Cathedral.
At the end of the tour, short drive to visit one of the popular beach resorts near Constanta. Evening return to Bucharest.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel or location, in Bucharest or Constanta
End location: Your hotel or location, in Bucharest or Constanta
Duration: 11 hours
Transportation by private car, a new 2017 Volkswagen Golf, 4 passenger, air-conditioned
- my fee as a guide and driver
- transport by private car, a 2017 Volkswagen Golf, air conditioned
- all parking fees and fuel
Estimated Local Cash Needed
135 Lei - Consider around 115 Lei/person (equivalent of 30 USD) for the following:
- 10 Lei/adult admission fee to the Roman Edifice with Mosaic
- 5 Lei/adult admission fee to the Great Mosque
- around 100 Lei/person for food and drinks of your choice during the day - we stop for a drink/coffee and later for lunch etc (credit cards such as MasterCard and Visa work; American Express may not be accepted)
- Entry fees to the Great Mosque and the Roman Edifice with Mosaic
- All food and drink during the day (of your choice)