One day tour to Como Lake
You haven't seen Italy if you haven't seen the Como Lake.
We'll leave Milan to discover the town of Como, still surrounded by a wall, with its medieval streets and churches, like its Cathedral dating back to 1396.
It was in Como that Alessandro Volta (the inventor of the electric battery) was born and Como was a "must" stop in the Grand Tours of XIX Cent.
Then, we'll get a boat tour to discover the lake, its charming atmosphere, its villas dating back to XIX Cent. and its beautiful gardens. According to your wishes - and to the season as well - we might visit Villa Carlotta in Tremezzo, Villa Monastero in Varenna, the botanic gardens of Villa Melzi in Bellagio.
Afterwards, we'll meet our driver and drive back to Milan.
** This tour can be arranged also using public transportation (trains) and can be customized according to your wishes.
*Departure from Milan by private van (FIAT DUCATO or similar) to reach Como.
LOW SEASON PROGRAM (from October to April):
- Walking tour in the historical centre of Como
- Boat tour (1 hour: to be seen by boat Cernobbio, Moltrasio, Torno)
- After lunch: walking tour along the shores of the lake up to Life Electric by Daniel Liebeskind and Villa Olmo and its gardens
HIGH SEASON PROGRAM (from May to September):
- Walking tour in the historical centre of Como.
- Boat tour (to be seen by boat: Cernobbio, Moltrasio, Lenno, Island Comacina).
- After lunch: visit of a villa or its gardens according to your wishes: it could be Villa Carlotta in Tremezzo, Villa Monastero in Varenna, the gardens of Villa Melzi in Bellagio.
- In the afternoon: drive back to Milan
** Please take note that in the low season many villas are open only in the weekend, and the scheduled time for boats is also reduced. Therefore I'll prepare a customized tour, as soon as your request will arrive.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel in Milan or any other location of your choice in Milan.
End location: Your Hotel in Milan or or any other location of your choice in Milan.
Duration: 9 hours
Traffic and wheater may affect the duration.
This tour can be provided also using public transportation (train) - please contact me for a customized tour.
8 seats Van Fiat Ducato (or similar)
- Professional and licensed guide of Milan and Como at your disposal for 9 hours.
- Professional driver and 8 seats Van Fiat Ducato (or similar) up to 9 hours (+ motorway expenses).
- Transfer from/to Milan.
- Visit of main sights on lake Como according to the season.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 EURO - Prices are given by per person:
- Max. EURO 12: entrance fees to a villa/garden (it is different from one place to another)
- Between EURO 9 and EURO 26,00: boat ticket (it depends on the boat and boat- itinerary we'll choose, i.e. speedboat)
- The boat ticket for the guide must be paid as well
- Lunch and drinks are not included
Entrance fees to villas /gardens
Food and drinks
I am not a driver. I can arrange for a separate car and driver.