An easy walking tour in the historical part of the city to discover unique artisans of food!
This tour is intended for genuine and natural food lovers! We will walk through the historical centre of the city of Como, stopping in local places to meet fabulous artisans and taste natural, organic products. Our first stop will be in an organic bakery, where the owners will let you know their secrets about naturally regenerated yeast (called in Italian Lievito Madre) and whole wheats from ancient grains. We will taste their breads (of course!) with some cold cuts, selections of cured meats and special cheeses. Vegan options will also be available on request. We will enjoy also a glass of good (and natural!) wine! We will then continue our tour tasting a special ice-cream without preservatives, additives and chemical colorings. To end our tour we will drink a good Italian Espresso, sitting in the outside tables of an organic Coffee Shop!
- meeting point in Como at the main boats' landng stage at 12 a. m.
- start of our tour: visit to an organic bakery where we will taste their breads with some cold cuts, selections of cured meats and special cheeses. On request also vegan options will be available.
- our tour will continue with a good and genuine "gelato" (ice-cream)
- we will end with an Italian Espresso at around 2. 30 p. m.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Main boats' landing stage in Como. If you are not staying in Como and need help to reach the meeting location, I can give you advice about boats' timetables or arrange a private vehicle with driver for you.
End location: Main boats' landing stage in Como
Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
We will walk through the city. All our stops are within walking distance.
My tour planning and my service and assistance during the tour
Estimated Local Cash Needed
55 Euro - - Break at the organic bakery
- Your personal expenses (a bottle of water for example)
- Break at the organic bakery (about 30 Euro per person)
- Ice-cream (about 2.50 Euro per person)
- Espresso or Cappuccino or Tea (about 2 Euro per person)
- your personal expenses
I am a licensed Tour Leader and not a licensed guide: I do not have a license to give tours inside historical monuments and museums.
I am not a driver. For my tours I arrange transfers with a private vehicle with driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Everything about our experience with Carlotta was perfect. She provided us with some great history, an intimate experience with Como, excellent food tastings and an overall feeling of being welcomed to the area.