Private Sightseeing Tour of Addis Ababa with a Local Tour Guide
This is about 8 hours private sightseeing tour of Addis Ababa.
Some interesting places of visits I will take you to include: -
* National Archaeological Museum of Ethiopia (where the fossil remains of Lucy (3. 25 mil years old) is Kept in)
* Merkato - the largest open air market in Africa, the oldest church in Addis (135 years old) which is famous for its colorful wall paintings dating back to the foundation of the church, and
* drive in a eucalyptus tree forest up to Mount Entoto to have a panoramic view of Addis Ababa
* have local lunch at a traditional Ethiopian restaurant
* attend a typical Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony.
And, we will drive on the main streets of the city to see the various historical monuments and major landmarks such as the buildings of the HQ of the African Union, the HQ of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, and Meskel Square - the main square of Addis Ababa.
This tour can be arranged to fit your time & interests best
Contact me soon and enjoy experiencing Addis Ababa
CITY TOUR OF ADDIS ABABA - ' the New Flower'
As per your flight arrival time, or time you'd like to start the tour, I will meet you at the airport or your hotel in Addis Ababa.
After short introduction of the the tour, we will start the tour with visits of the National Archeological Museum of Addis Ababa (where the fossil remains of Lucy (3. 25 mil years) is sheltered in), and continue with the Holy Trinity Cathedral, the Ethnological Museum (the former residence of His Majesty Emperor Haile Sillassie), Mount Entoto to enjoy the great views of Addis Ababa, Mercato - the largest open air market in Africa, and driving in the city to visit the historical monuments.
With prior agreement, I can also take you to one of the best traditional restaurants of Addis Ababa for dinner where you will taste varieties of delicious Ethiopian meals, and see the dances of the Ethiopian people LIVE.
Contact me soon, and experience Addis Ababa best!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will pick you up from where you are Addis Ababa - the airport, any hotel or any other location. If we are to meet at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport, the exact meeting point is after you get out of the terminal (building), to your left you'll see a long walking steps between two big trees. I'll be waiting you there with a sign of your name.
End location: Customers will be left at their hotel in Addis, the airport, or any place in the city where they would like. If they opt to be taken to a traditional restaurant after the tour, it will be the ending place.
Duration: 8 hours 30 min.
Merkato market can not be visited on Sundays as shops are closed and activities are limited.
During this tour we use a private comfortable and air conditioned Toyota Minibus.
Price includes: -
- Private comfortable Toyota Minivan equipped with air conditioning and seat belts,
- Professional experienced English speaking tour guide (my time as your guide and personal assistant),
- Entrance (admission) fee ONLY at the National Museum of Ethiopia
- Bottled water in the vehicle
- Coffee, tea, or snacks during the tour
- Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony attendance fee, and
- all related government taxes.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 Ethiopian Birr (ETB) - This 500 Ethiopian Birr is the approximate local payment PER PERSON ONLY FOR ADMISSION(ENTRANCE) FEES TO VISIT CHURCHES, MUSEUMS, and other places mentioned.
1 US Dollar is equivalent to 27 Ethiopian Birr
Please, keep in mind that price may increase anytime.
Food, entrance fees, and expenses of personal nature are not included in the price.
Local businesses prefer to be paid in cash with the Ethiopian Currency (Birr) or US Dollars.
NOTE - If you want the an all-inclusive price to include meals, entrance (admission) fees and the like in the price of the tour, please contact me so that I can customize it.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our guide Muluken was superb. Very knowledgeable, flexible with our itinerary, friendly, excellent English. Everything you could wish for in a guide. Highly recommended. The driver was excellent also