Witness sunrise from the top of Mt. Christoffel, and head to the beach to refresh afterwards!
Climb the 375m (1230ft) Mt. Christoffel in the dark and get to the top before sunrise! We enter the National Park around 4:30am, then walk or drive towards the hill and start climbing. Duration of the climb depends on your personal condition. After the descent, we'll head off to Kenepa Beach where you can relax for about one hour. On Sundays we can also pass the local market on the countryside!
Please note that the sunrise times vary from as late as 7:01am late January to as early as 6:09am late May/early June. After early June the sunrise will occur a little later everyday until reaching 7am in January again, from where is starts occurring a little earlier everyday until late May again.
* Between 3:30 and 4:00am > Pick up at accommodation.
* 4:30am > Entrance to Christoffel National Park.
* 4:45am > Start of climb of the hill.
* Between 5:30 and 6:15am > Reach the summit (depending on physical condition).
* 6:15 - 7:30 > Wait for sunrise (depending on time of the year); explore around summit area.
* 7:30 - 8:30 > Descend from the hill.
* 8:30 - 10:00 > Visit local market (Sundays) and then off to Kenepa Beach
* 10:30 > Drop off at accommodation
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 6 hours
Could vary depending on traffic, weather conditions etc.
Ford Fiesta 2012, hatchback and air-conditioned.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 Guilders - 25 guilders (US$15) per person entrance fee Christoffel National Park.
About 25 guilders (US$15) for eventual food/drinks after the descend.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks