Check out two of the most emblematic caves of the Karst region in a private tour
According to Taíno mythology, creation was born out of a cave called Cacibajagua. For them, caves were the sacred entrance to the underworld. The Famous Karst region in the northern side of the island is riddled with caves, sinkholes and underground rivers! In this experience, we visit two of the most emblematic caves of the area. Cueva del Indio on the coast and Cueva Ventana in the Karst mountains, both in the town of Arecibo.
The first cave is made from a sandstone outcroping on the beach, it was used as a ceremonial place by the indigenous peoples of the island and it's carved with hundreds of petroglyphs.
The second cave is located in the karst mountains of the same town and its famous for its window view of the Arecibo river valley! This cave was also used by the Taínos for ceremonial purposes and has dozens of petroglyphs and pictographs that are dated to around 800 a. D.
• Pick-up in San Juan
• Ride to Cueva Ventana in Arecibo is approx. 1hr
• Arrival at the cave. The tour of the cave complex takes an 1hour
• We take a 20min. ride to Cueva del Indo
• We arrive at the cave entrance at around / Fresh fruit snack
• Tour of the cave and the surrounding natural reserve including the hike to see the rock arches west of the cave is of 45min
• Ride back to San Juan is 1hour and 10min
• Arrival at your hotel.
*The above itinerary is a suggestion, and can be adjusted per your preferences*
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel or location
End location: At your hotel or location
Duration: 6 hours
We always travel at the pace of our customers. Six hours is plenty of time but the tour can be completed in five.
You will ride in an 2017 Audi Q7 SUV for six passenger luxury tourist limo.
My vehicle can accommodate up to 4 adults comfortably. We can take 5 people, but with less space for everyone. Please contact me for the details.
• Tour guided by an archaeologist
• Scenic ride in a Audi 2017 luxury SUV Limo for six
• Visit to Cueva del Indio, Cueva Ventana
• Short Forest hike
• Short beach hike
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 us dollars - For snacks or drinks
- Any personal expenses