Explore the Beauty of the Castelli Romani led by a native guide and a professional driver!
The "Castelli Romani" (Castles of Rome) are 13 hill towns nestled in the Alban Hills, located about 30miles outside Rome, well-known for their gastronomic delicacies (including the traditional "porchetta", a savoryand moist boneless roast pork), locally-produced white wine and impressive villas with majestic gardens. In this full day tour, you will discover -leaded by a licensed local tourist guide and a professional driver with luxury and air-conditioned vehicle - the lovely towns of Frascati and Marino, famous for excellent white wines like Frascati Superiore and Fontana di Papa that you will be able to discover in a small wine farm. Besides, you will admire the stunning views of Lake Albano/Castel Gandolfo and the magnificent views over Rome and we will visit the towns of Grottaferrata (with the famous Abbey of San Nilo, founded in the year 1004 and surrounded by Renaissance walls) and Castel Gandolfo, the Pope's summer residence.
Take a look at the photos!
Castelli Romani Map (http://mapcarta. com/Castelli_Romani)
* FRASCATI - The "Wine Town", also known for its mostly 16th century villas! We will take a pleasant walk in the oldest part of this lovely town with a breathtaking panoramic view over Rome!
* GROTTAFERRATA - The Exarchic Monastery of Santa Maria in Grottaferrata, also known as the Greek Abbey of Saint Nilus, (founded in 1004 by a group of monks from Calabria led by St. Nilus of Rossano, a charismatic leader and a very important figure of his time)
* CASTEL GANDOLFO - Known for the traditional summer residence of the Pope but also for the beatiful panoramic view over the Lake of Albano. LUNCH AT DELICIOUS LOCAL RESTAURANT!
* NEMI & LAKE OF NEMI - Famed throughout Italy for its violets and wild strawberries
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel
End location: At your hotel
Duration: 7 hours
TRANSPORTATION BY MINIVAN (MERCEDES VITO OR VIANO)
* My services as your private local guide: 7-hours led by an expert historian (Ph.D. of History) and higly experienced licensed tourist guide
-Transportation with a professional driver with luxury and air conditioned minivan (Mercedes Vito or Viano) that fits up to 7 passengers (pick up/drop off to Hotel, availability for the entire day).
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 EUR - MEALS and BEVERAGES - The cost for a lunch in one of the local delicious restaurant is approx 20/25 € per person.
MEALS and BEVERAGES - The cost for a lunch in one of the local delicious restaurant is approx 20/25 € per person.
*** PLEASE NOTE *** I am not a driver. If requested I can provide you a transportation with a luxury and air-conditioned Mercedes Minivan with a professional driver, except for the VIP Private Tours where the transportation is included.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This was our last tour in Rome, all with Dino. Wow! Castelli Romani was an incredible experience. We stopped in several small towns, had the best lunch of our 5 days in Rome, and the scenery was breathtaking, peaceful and beautiful. We can't wait to get back and visit this area again. Dino is a "walking enciclopedia", full of energy and ready to share his knowledge of Rome and nearby towns. He is outstanding and will do. Anything extra to make your day perfect. A Must Tour!