Private wine tasting and walking tour
Wine lover? And you especially like Zinfandel? Did you ever ask yourself where Zinfandel actually comes from?
Thanks to a group of local people, enthusiasts and wine lovers, 'the unique tour' has been created: a carriage pulled by 2 horses (Friesian mares Vilma and Jara) that takes you deep into the flavours of Kaštela valley.
Experience a wine tour by visiting three wineries and tastings of the most famous Croatian grape variety „Kaštelanski Crljenak"*- (Zinfandel/Primitivo). Enjoy the relaxed pace alongside the 20-km long coast of Kaštela and world-class wines while leaving the bustle far behind for an ancient wine region with undiscovered wine gems.
Along with that experience, learn about the second largest city in Croatia: Split! It's a town which has a heart right in its centre, and the heart still beats. . . 1 700-year-old Roman palace, Diocletian's palace, and the town that was formed in it and around it. . .
So let me take you through this journey from ancient time till modern days. . .
Carriage wine tour:
Carriage ride trough Kaštela with stops at 3 wineries. In each winery, we try 2 wines and snacks: cheese, prosciutto, local homemade sweets, fish snacks, liquors and extra virgin olive oil. . . Stops at 1 500-year-old olive tree and Vitturi castle.
Walking tour of Split:
- Diocletian's palace
- Cathedral of St. Domnius/Diocletian's mausoleum
- Jupiter's temple/Baptistery
- City gates
- Main square Peristyle
- "Pjaca" square
- Main promenade Riva
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 6 hours 30 min.
Duration is adjustable to client's special needs and wishes.
- Horse Carriage (in weather conditions like thunderstorm or temperatures higher than 30°C we will use the minivan for the whole tour but in first winery meres will be available for photos and petting)
- High-class A/C minivan or/and car
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 kuna - For personal expenses and souvenirs.
Entrance fees (OPTIONAL):
- Diocletian's palace substructure system: 45 kn (about 7$) per person- credit cards accepted at the entrance
- Diocletian's mausoleum/Cathedral of St. Domnius + Jupiter's temple/Baptistery: 25 kn (about 4$) per person-cash only
- Personal Expenses