Visit Cinque Terre and Carrara marble quarries (optional) in this day trip
Nowhere in the world is like the "Cinque Terre" or "Five Lands", two of which are included in this tour; Vernazza and Manarola. These quaint, colorful seaside towns combine with the blues and greens in nature to create a stunning, scenic palette. Take this all in with both walks around town and a drive down a panoramic road. The entire area is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Follow in the Master's footsteps as you trace Michelangelo's tracks to the marble quarries of Carrara. Carrara is where he went (250 miles was no small feat then) to hand pick his marble for his Pieta' and from which came the marble for, yes, the David.
Enjoy typical Tuscan cuisine in Colonnata, world renowned home of Lardo di Colonnata, a local delicacy of pork fat aged in marble vats.
Contact me to plan your private, customized culinary-sightseeing tour in Tuscany together!
Cinque Terre (2):
- Panoramic roads
- Carrara (Marble's Quarries)* tour
- Colonnata (lunch)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Please enter the address from where you would like to be picked-up near Livorno.
I can pick you up directly at your hotel (even those in the traffic-restricted zone), or from the bus station, train station, or wherever is most convenient for you.
End location: Please specify the location for drop-off.
Duration: 8 hours
Luxury Mercedes "Class E200 Exclusive Plus" sedan with air conditioning, 1-3 passengers
Luxury Mercedes "Vito" minivan with air conditioning, 1-8 passengers
- 8 hours
- Private, flexible, door-to-door service
- Luxury Mercedes sedan/minivan with air conditioning
- Knowledgeable English speaking driver
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Refreshments on board
- Gas - Tolls - VAT
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 Euros - (estimated) per person
- Eventual admission tickets
- Eventual local walking tour guide (while interested, please book one on TbL list)
- Eventual Carrara marble quarries tickets
- Please note that I am a driver-guide only, and I will not be able to accompany you on any portion of the tour which requires walking. The parts of the itinerary denoted by * will be un-guided - you will be left to walk and explore by yourself for these portions of the tour
Please note that I am not a licensed guide and will not be able to guide you inside of historical monuments and will not be able to accompany you on portions of the tour denoted by * - these parts of the tour will be un-guided.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
The inclement weather was more than offset by our delightful and accommodating guide. Roberto's deep knowledge of the areas we visited combined with his passionate communication made for a very enriching experience. He was also a wonderful safe driver. We would highly recommend Roberto to all travelers seeking a unique tour of Tuscany.