An Up Close Look at the United States Congress
Witness American government in action on this custom walking tour. Discuss how an idea can become law, visit your Representative's office, explore the labyrinth of tunnels beneath House Office Buildings, or drop in on a live Congressional hearing.
You will be immersed in the world of the United States legislative branch. Feel the energy of Capitol Hill as we rub shoulders with Representatives, pages, chiefs of staff, LCs, LAs, and everyone else that makes our government run. See majestic Congressional hearing rooms and walk the same halls as Kennedy, Rankin, Chisholm, Rayburn, and every notable modern-day representative.
This is where Congress works!
House office buildings:
- Sam Rayburn statue
- Overview of how a bill becomes law inside an actual Congressional hearing roo
- Sit in on a Congressional Committee hearing
- See the Congressional Capitol Subway
- Visit your Representative's office
- Press overlook of the Capitol Building
Library of Congress:
- Great Hall
- See the main Reading Room
- Visit at least one exhibition
(Optional) Supreme Court:
- Photo op on the Court stairs
(Optional) Capitol Building:
- Walking tour of the grounds including the Summer Garden, Grant Statue, and photo op on the east Capitol steps.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Rayburn House Office Building.
45 Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20515
End location: The Supreme Court of the United States. I can walk you to the nearest Metro station after the tour (5 minute walk).
Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
This tour is best experienced while Congress is in session. For this reason, weekends and holidays are typically off-limits.
Please inquire before booking so I can ensure an optimal date of choice.
This is a walking tour. It takes place almost entirely inside the House Office Buildings, save for a walking transfer to the Library of Congress and Supreme Court.
- My service as your personal guide for the duration of the tour.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 5 - Metro/subway fare to Capitol South Metro station (Orange/Blue/Silver Lines).
Public transport to the site.
Listed tours are walking tours. If you'd like private transport to be provided, please request a custom tour. I'm happy to work with you!