1 day tour cape town with a private guide - Savour the Cape's melting pot of arts, crafts and culture!
Savour the Cape's melting pot of arts, crafts and culture!
Discover the work of many well known artists who have made the Cape their home. We visit the best shops and galleries that also offer jewellery, pottery and local crafts are also pay a visit to vibrant local craft markets.
• Visit to museums of interest
• Art Galleries
• Visit local craft markets
• Meet the Artists and craftsmen
• Lunch at a renowned Wine Estate restaurant
In Cape Town, dovetail with the Design Indaba - a 'must see' explosion of local talent and diversity in The Design Capital of The World 2014.
Or in the Winelands, browse among historic homesteads, explore private art collections and galleries as well as talented craftsmen selling their wares.
• Pick-up at the doorstep of your hotel
• Start the day with a visit to the Company Gardens , Visit The Slave Museums which give a background to the development and history of the influence on local Artists.
• A stroll along St. Georges Mall to Greenmarket Square
• Long Street and the Antique quarter and art galleries in this precinct
• A scenic drive to Constania Wine Valley
• Gourmet Lunch on an exclusive Wine Estate (optional wine tasting)
• Scenic route to Hout Bay fishing Village
• Visit The Tea Bag design centre
• Iziko Handcraft centre
• Return to Cape Town Hotel via Camps Bay and Clifton beaches
• Option of Sundowners on the Beach in Camps Bay or an evening Champagne Cruise
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Cape Town
Original T-Bag Designs makes 'Functional Art' out of recycled used, dried tea bags. Each artist has their own individual styles and patterns. There may be similarities, but none are identical. These miniature works of art are then applied to stationary, wooden items like boxes, trays and coasters and even fabric items!
Original T-Bag Designs is sustained by the commitment, effort and faith of those involved. Jill, now known as 'the t-bag lady' with her t-bag team, has created an environment where people have gained more than employment. An environment that give and take support and friendship, has created in reality confidence, pride, responsibility and perseverance. Lives are nurtured, each one an asset to the success of T-Bag Designs today.
End location: Cape Town
Duration: 8 hours
A New Hyundai Station-Wagon 9-seater with air-conditioning.
A larger luxury vehicle will be used for larger groups
• Pickup and return to agreed destination anywhere in Cape Town
• Transport takes place in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
• Vehicle, fuel and Toll roads
• Water on board at all times
Rate is for the day touring
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 USD - it is always a good idea to have some cash on hand for entrance fees, items or purchases of a personal nature.
• Meals and beverages
• Entrance fees and activities
• Purchases of a private nature
• Flights, insurance and accommodation
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
What a great day! Clive was very accommodating in his suggestions and activities. Great tour.