If you like a bit of history, context, insights and a bit of humour along the way, we will have a great time together.
I am lucky enough to have access to the best training at the Australian National University and most of our national institutions.
Whilst I have listed a few specific tours, other itineraries are available in the same time frame or other time frames are also available.
I can also do a combination of bus and walking. Have a look at the list and we can go from there.
Guiding special subjects:
1. Canberra's history including its planning and its architecture.
2. Parliament House: political, social and world history in context.
3. Australian War Memorial - history at war (big picture - some areas of campaign details)
4. National Gallery of Australia - in context of culture and history. Extra training for changing special exhibitions.
5. National Library - Treasures & changing exhibitions.
6. Wineries of the Cool Climate wine region.
7. Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve and ACT touring loop including Deep Space Tracking Station and Lanyon Homestead.
I'm bilingual with German: Es wuerde mich freuen Ihnen Canberra, die Hauptstadt Australiens naeher zu bringen. Ich kenne mich auch relativ gut mit deutschen Systemen aus und kann die Vergleiche erleutern.
A Recent Review of this guide
Kerstin is a really great guide. She is very accommodative and knowledgable. I would definitely recommend her for the city day tour.
Jay Mi Tan
Guiding in Canberra since 1987.
Member of Friends of 5 national institutions.
Original training: Higher National Diploma (UK) Business, Hotel & Catering & Tourism Management.
4 years in European ski and summer resorts.
IBM PC Computer training.
6 yrs Computer Sales in Canberra servicing the Federal Government
Courses at ANU and National Institutions on Social History, Political history, Art History and Law.
I am not licensed to drive a vehicle for hire or reward. I can drive a private vehicle that you provide as a courtesy. No money is taken for driving. These days, catching an Uber between venues is a good inexpensive option.