Outside of work, I am passionate about art, with a particular interest in contemporary visual art. My wife Carolyn and I have been married for 35 years, and have two adult daughters who both live in Calgary.
Nearly twenty years ago my wife and I took our first private walking tour. Before that we had joined larger tours or self guided while exploring new cities on our travels. Our guide, that year in Rome, was named Dennis - I'm sure he didn't know it at the time, but Dennis changed our lives - we were converted! We travel a lot, and have since hired private guides in Europe, South and Central America, Canada and the United States.
I moved to Calgary in 1977 and have lived here ever since. In the last forty years I have seen Calgary grow into a sophisticated city with a vibrant arts and cultural scene. I love Calgary. I love its spirit and its people. I started my little tour business to take folks like me on tours that I would like to take. We get to know each other. We walk. We talk art, history and travel. My standard tour options are centered around art and history, but with that said, I am flexible and happy to customize a tour based on your own interests and tastes.
It would be my pleasure to show you my wonderful adopted city, and I hope that after you spend some time with me you will see why I love it so much!
- LLB in Law, University of Calgary
- MA in Politics and Philosophy, Dalhousie University
- BA in Politics and Philosophy, Mount Allison University
● I am not a licensed guide and may not be able to guide you inside of some historical monuments
● I do not offer driving tours (although there is always the option of getting an Uber or taxi if the situation calls for it)