We can design a tour around what you would like to do and see in Calgary. Just Ask!
I love the City of Calgary. I live in the Inner City and I work downtown. There are so many interesting places to visit and things to do in Calgary - why not make an afternoon/morning, or even a day of it?
We can design a walking tour, or can combine public transit, taxi/Uber (or your rental car) as transportation to take us to the interesting neighborhoods. If you enjoy bike riding, it is easy to rent bikes. We have 2 rivers that run through the city, and biking is a great way to experience Calgary's natural beauty and take in breathtaking views of prairie, river valley and the mountains.
We can customize our tour to spend time where you want to spend time and if you have more days scheduled, I can be your resource for the top things to do in Calgary; Parks; natural and manmade sights and landmarks; museums, special neighbourhood shopping; historic sites; nightlife (I have hip children!); restaurants (from cheap eats to fine dining) & special events.
There are SO many fun and interesting things to do in Calgary.
Because this is a customized tour, there isn't a one-fits-all itinerary; we will work together to design your tour and our itinerary will be based off of your personal interests and preferences; your preferred mode of transportation; your budget; how much time you have.
However, here is a sample tour to give you some ideas:
*please note that this sample itinerary would take approximately 4-5 hours.
- Meet in Inglewood (historic and quirky neighbourhood)
- Check out some of the cool shops
- Visit Fort Calgary
- Stop for a snack/coffee at the historic Simmons building along the Bow river, now the home of some of Calgary's trendiest eateries.
- Take the bridge to St. Patrick's island
- Circle back and through China town (maybe have some dim sum?!)
- Take a walk along historic Stephen Avenue
- Wander up 8th street, pop into a couple of Contemporary art galleries before stopping for a cold beverage at an outdoor patio on hipster 17th Avenue
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: As this is a custom tour, we will design your tour and agree on our initial starting point, and where we will meet in advance of the tour. It will need to be in Central Calgary.
End location: This is flexible and entirely dependent on the tour/itinerary we design together
Duration: 3 hours
This can be extended, depending on your budget and how much time you have. Please contact me before booking if you're interested in extending, and I can provide a quote.
This is a walking tour.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 CAD - Estimates can vary for this tour between $20.00 - $100.00 The estimate relates to food and/or drinks purchased along the way. If the tour we design involves any admission prices (museum, or the Zoo, for example), or transportation costs (Uber/Taxi/Bike Rentals), that will also be extra. We can discuss your budget and will take that into account when designing your tour.
● I am not a licensed guide and may not be able to guide you inside of some historical monuments
● I do not offer driving tours (although there is always the option of getting an Uber or taxi if the situation calls for it)
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Jeff took me on a wonderful walk through the history and sites of Calgary. Very informative. Exactly what I was looking for in a tour. Very willing to customize to your interests. I highly recommend.