Up to 6 pax, Varna and Nessebar Highlights (start from Burgas or Nessebar ports of call)
Explore South and North Coasts of Bulgaria, with final destination - VARNA, the biggest town on the coast of Bulgaria. VARNA is noted for its Archaeological Museum&gold treasure discovered in 1972. It is considered the world's oldest worked gold, dated back to 4500 BC. While viewing burials decorated with gold in the museum, you will be told details about the gold origin, the Civilization of Varna. VARNA'S history (ancient Odessos') was quite turbulent. While being a Roman town, Baths were built. Visit the remains of the Thermae - the fourth biggest in Europe. VARNA has also a great collection of other cultural monuments: Cathedral Church, Ethnographical Museum. . . Join me on this scenic drive, crossing the eastern parts of the Balkan Mountains. Enjoy great views from the mountains: the biggest seaside resort, the countryside, mountain village, agricultural lands, nature reserve, river, coastal towns and resort areas. On return to the South Coast follows a guided walk in Old Nessebar and UNESCO landmarks.
- Start from South Coast of Bulgaria-Nessebar/Bourgas Ports of call;
- Follows a scenic drive, crossing the eastern parts of the Balkan Mountains, enjoying views from the mountains- resort areas, countryside, woodlands, etc.
- It's a 2 hour drive from South Coast to the town of Varna, on North Coast. (In an hour drive, a refreshment & WC stop is provided). Local drink your choice is included in tour price.
- City drive in VARNA, the biggest town on the coast. Photo stop at a viewing area;
- Visit to the Varna Archaeological Museum, its gold treasure and museum artefacts;(Lovely museum bookstores, WC available).
- LUNCHTIME?! Lunch is paid additionally by you. It can be set in advance, coordinated with me, regarding menu, kind of food, drinks, pricing etc.
- Visit the Roman Baths & Traditional Bulgarian Shop for hand-made souvenirs & items. View local public beaches;Visit to town's Cathedral Church.
- 2 hour Return Journey. Follows a guided walk in Old Nessebar. Drive back to port!
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours 30 min.
- An air-conditioned car, or mini van, or mini bus or a bus (depends on group size);
Estimated Local Cash Needed
80 USD - per person is paid to guide upon arrival for:
- transportation expenses on a full day tour (driver, vehicle, petrol,car park costs);
- admission fees to museums/churches in 2 Bulgarian towns, such as: Nessebar St. Steven's church interior,Varna's Archeological Museum, Roman Baths ruins,Varna Cathedral Church interior.
On this tour with me along with popular destinations you visit additional sites where the bus tours never go, only the locals know!Up to 6 pax,it is for sure a small group tour!
I can help you find a car, mini van, mini bus, bus and a driver in Bulgaria..
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Good evening Hristina is really a professional guide with a lot of knowledge, she really does her best and on the other hand she is also a very kind person who takes care of you without emphasis but with a real sensibility.... I really would recommend her for this visit of Nessebar. Best regards Maryse Lafitte