A complete introduction for first time visitors
The tour covers the highlights of the city, exploring places such us Plaza de Mayo, La Boca, Puerto Madero, Recoleta and Palermo.
As a passionate about my city, I will be pleased to show you my city and to share its secrets with you!!
After picking you up in a comfortable car, I like to start the tour by visiting "Plaza de Mayo, " the main square of the city. This is the place where the city was founded, the place where the most important events of Argentina took place and still take place.
Our next stop is is La Boca (the mouth). This is a neighborhood situated in the south of the city and it is known for its colorful houses, for soccer and specially for tango. Once here we take our time to explore this colorful area.
At noon, we have time to enjoy local food. There are many options, from something fast ("empanadas" is a must) or a big meal (steak is our speciality…here one steak is for 2 persons!!).
- Plaza de Mayo (political centre of the country)
- Government House (known as Pink House, from outside)
- BA Metropolitan Cathedral (guided visit inside)
- La Boca - Caminito (the old port where tango was born)
- San Telmo (old area famous for its antique stores - and flee market on Sundays)
- Puerto Madero (the newest district dedicated to women)
- 9 de Julio Av. (the widest avenue in the world)
- Obelisk & Opera House (both from outside)
- Recoleta Cemetery (guided visit including Evita's grave and an introduction to her life)
- Palermo Gardens
- In our circuit there are museums like Evita's museum, Malba, Fine Arts, Colon Theatre (Opera House) etc. if you are interested in visiting any of them, I can customize a circuit, fitting them (admission tickets are not included in the price of the tour)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel or the cruise terminal.
End location: Same place.
Duration: 7 hours
Weather or traffic can affect the duration of the tour.
My services as your personal tour guide.
Transportation by modern, air conditioned vehicle (Ford Mondeo or similar); includes professional driver.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
1000 AR$ - Lunch, bottled water, snacks.
Personal purchases or souvenirs.
Lunch, snacks, bottled water.
Any personal purchases or souvenirs.
If you carry luggage, please ask me before booking in order to check the availability of the trunk.
Optional visits to museums and transfer to the International Airport are available for an additional charge. Please contact me for details and a quote.
-I am not a driver guide but I rent a car with a professional driver for my tours.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Covering a meaningful part of this huge city in one day is quite a challenge. It was only made possible with the help of Mariela. She enhanced the stops we made with local and historical perspectives that helped paint a compelling mosaic of the Argentine people, especially Porteños from agriculture to politics to tango and how they interacted. And...she sang a tango for us! We now truly see the city through different eyes. Well done.