Youth and Family, Hiking and Walking, Adventure / Active
Kid Friendly: Yes. Your children are very welcome if they can walk about 10 kilometers and don't mind going inside a cave. If you would like to carry your baby, please let me know and we will adjust the tour for you.
Maximum travelers: 10
Unique way to see the city
Do you love, nature, walking and hiking?
Would like to see our famous sights from a different perspective?
If so, then this is the tour for you.
We walk through the city, but off the beaten track.
- We cross Liberty Bridge (on foot or by public transport).
- We hike to the highest point of downtown to the top of the Gellért Hill, where signs of Celtic culture (from their lives here over 2400 years ago) were discovered.
- We walk on through an area that is part of a National Park and on our way. we take a spectacular view of the whole city.
- We can (weather permitting) have a light picnic of Hungarian specialities.
Please inform me if you are a vegan, vegetarian, or if you have any food intolerance when booking.
- Via the Philosophers Garden, where locals practice yoga and tai-chi, we reach a pleasant pathway leading us to the old wall of Buda Castle.
- After having a look around and of course take photos from one of the best spots at the Castle district, we take a nice green path (don't worry we are walking downhill now) to re-enter the city again.
* Please note that we will walk approximately 6. 2 -7. 2 miles /10-12 km, so you need to wear appropriate footwear and be reasonably fit.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel if it is in the city centre.
End location: Wherever you would like to finish the tour in the downtown area.
Duration: 4 hours
It may vary depending on the time of the year, the weather conditions, your personal wishes.
Walking tour, with possible use of public transport if needed.
- A small taste of local food.
Please inform me, if you are on a special diet, or simply don't like a certain type of food.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3450 HUF - - Ticket for public transport per person in case if we need it: 1650 HUF
- A drink and a sandwich (if you would like to buy one): about 1200 HUF
- Entrance to the Cave Church: 600 HUF/person
- Snacks and/or drinks you might buy on the way
- Ticket for public transport (if we want to use it)