Youth and Family, Hiking and Walking, Adventure / Active
Kid Friendly: Yes. Your children are very welcome if they can walk about 10 kilometers and don't mind going inside a cave. If you would like to carry your baby, please let me know and we will adjust the tour for you.
Maximum travelers: 10
Unique way to see the city
Do you love, nature, walking and hiking?
Would like to see our famous sights from a different perspective?
If so, then this is the tour for you.
We walk through the city, but off the beaten track.
- We cross Liberty Bridge (on foot or by public transport).
- We hike to the highest point of downtown to the top of the Gellért Hill, where signs of Celtic culture (from their lives here over 2400 years ago) were discovered.
- We walk on through an area that is part of a National Park and on our way. we take a spectacular view of the whole city.
- We can (weather permitting) have a light picnic of Hungarian specialities.
Please inform me if you are a vegan, vegetarian, or if you have any food intolerance when booking.
- Via the Philosophers Garden, where locals practice yoga and tai-chi, we reach a pleasant pathway leading us to the old wall of Buda Castle.
- After having a look around and of course take photos from one of the best spots at the Castle district, we take a nice green path (don't worry we are walking downhill now) to re-enter the city again.
* Please note that we will walk approximately 6. 2 -7. 2 miles /10-12 km, so you need to wear appropriate footwear and be reasonably fit.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel if it is in the city centre.
End location: Wherever you would like to finish the tour in the downtown area.
Duration: 4 hours
It may vary depending on the time of the year, the weather conditions, your personal wishes.
Walking tour, with possible use of public transport if needed.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3450 HUF - - Ticket for public transport per person in case if we need it: 1650 HUF
- A drink and a sandwich (if you would like to buy one): about 1200 HUF
- Entrance to the Cave Church: 600 HUF/person