Stroll through Bucharest's oldest and most important sights
The best way to get to know Bucharest is by walking down its busy streets, admiring the city's unique mix of old and new.
On this tour you will:
• get to see the landmark buildings and spots of Bucharest, where history was written
• discover Bucharest's surprising mix of architectural styles
• explore the city's Old Town with its mesmerizing day and night life
• get the best insights into Bucharest's history and culture
• get useful tips on the local restaurants, cafes and shops
Downtown has always been the commercial heart of Bucharest so on this tour there will be plenty of occasions to buy souvenirs or indulge in the delicious local cuisine.
This walking tour will take you to all the major sights including:
* the Romanian Athenaeum (optional interior visit)
* the former Royal Palace nowadays National Art Museum (optional interior visit)
* Revolution Square
* University Square
* the Old Town with interior visits to various 19th century inns and the most important medieval churches in Bucharest
* the Union Square from where you have a nice view of the Palace of Parliament
Keep in mind that this is no more than a proposed itinerary. Flexibility is my middle name so do not hesitate to write to me should you have any particular interests related to the downtown area of Bucharest.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 4 hours
This is a private walking tour where you set the pace. Weather can slightly affect its duration.
This is a walking tour. If needed we can use public transport or taxi to get from one point of interest to the next.
- Guiding Services
- Public Transportation Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
70 RON - 18 USD/person should cover for the optional visits to the Romanian Athenaeum (10 RON) and National Art Museum (15 RON) as well as some refreshment and/or small souvenir.
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Silvana was excellent. Her English was great and she developed a great itinerary for my visit to Bucharest. She also provided good recommendations for additional sites that I visited after our tour. I would recommend her to anyone.