City, First Time Visitor, Local Experience, Museums / Culture
Kid Friendly: Yes.
Maximum travelers: 10
Spanish (fluent), Romanian (fluent), Turkish (basic), Italian (conversational), English (fluent), French (advanced), Catalan (conversational)
A relaxed stroll through Bucharest's oldest and most important sights
The best way to get to know Bucharest is by walking down its busy streets, admiring the city's unique mix of old and new.
On this tour you will:
• get to see the landmark buildings and spots of Bucharest, where history was written
• discover Bucharest's surprising mix of architectural styles
• explore the city's Old Town with its mesmerizing day and night life
• get the best insights into Bucharest's history and culture
• get useful tips on the local restaurants, cafes and shops
Downtown has always been the commercial heart of Bucharest so on this tour there will be plenty of occasions to buy souvenirs or indulge in the delicious local cuisine.
This walking tour will take you to all the major sights including:
* the Romanian Athenaeum (optional interior visit)
* the former Royal Palace nowadays National Art Museum (optional interior visit)
* Revolution Square
* University Square
* the Old Town with interior visits to various 19th century inns and the most important medieval churches in Bucharest
* the Union Square from where you have a nice view of the Palace of Parliament
Keep in mind that this is no more than a proposed itinerary. Flexibility is my middle name so do not hesitate to write to me should you have any particular interests related to the downtown area of Bucharest.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel or any other convenient location in town.
End location: At your hotel or any other convenient location in town.
Duration: 3 hours
This is a private walking tour where you set the pace. Weather can slightly affect its duration.
This is a walking tour. If needed we can use public transport or taxi to get from one point of interest to the next.
Public transportation costs, if any (bus, tram, subway)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
70 RON - 18 USD/person should cover for the optional visits to the Romanian Athenaeum (10 RON) and National Art Museum (15 RON) as well as some refreshment and/or small souvenir.
Entry & photo fees (where applicable) to museums
Any food and drink of your choice
Taxi costs, if any