Fully private tour to famous destinations in Romania: Peles Castle, Bran Castle & the medieval town of Brasov - 13 hours
Get this day trip from Bucharest covering top Romanian attractions with your personal guide and enjoying the comfort of your own private car!
This tour includes essential Romanian landmarks: Peles Castle, emblematic of the Romanian royalty, considered one of the most beautiful European Princely palaces; the fabulous Bran Castle, famous due to its connection with Count Dracula character; and the fine medieval town of Brasov, all of them in the scenic natural setting of the Carpathian Mountains.
If Peles Castle is not open (generally on Mondays) we can still get there, see it from the exterior and take pictures, and we will take advantage of the extra time in Brasov.
In case you are more than 4 people and need a larger vehicle I can arrange for a minivan.
!Please be aware that the tour takes normally around 13 hrs, in which half the time is the driving. On weekends, holidays, and generally the peak season (June-August) traffic is heavy and traffic congestion may occur.
Set off from Bucharest heading north towards the Carpathian Mountains and Transylvania - arrival in Sinaia, a popular mountain resort two hours north of Bucharest - visit the Peles Castle in Sinaia, former summer residence of the Romanian Royal family - lunch at a fine traditional Romanian restaurant where you can sample typical Romanian dishes and local wines - transfer to Bran, visit Bran Castle and learn the true story of Dracula - the tour continues to the Saxon medieval town of Brasov - short introduction to the city followed by a stroll around The Council Square, Brasov's medieval main square, and a refreshing drink at one of the pavement terraces - return to Bucharest
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will pick you up from your hotel/airport
End location: At your hotel/airport/place of choice
Duration: 13 hours
Traffic, bad weather conditions, road closures may influence tour duration
Transport by personal car, a Volkswagen Golf, fabrication year 2017, fully insured, air conditioned
- my fee as a guide and driver
- transport by personal car, a 2017 Volkswagen Golf, fully insured, air conditioned
- all parking fees and fuel
Estimated Local Cash Needed
170 RON - Please consider around 170 Lei/person (equivalent of 45 USD/person) for the following:
- 30 Lei/adult the entry fee to Peles Castle
- 40 Lei/adult the entry fee to Bran Castle (reduced tickets available for seniors 65+ and students with proper ID to both Peles and Bran Castles)
- around 100 Lei/person for food and drinks - we will likely stop for a drink/coffee and later for lunch etc (credit cards work as well -MasterCard and Visa; American Express may not be accepted!)
- Entry fees to museums and objectives - around 65 Lei/person (15 USD/person)
- All food and drink during the day (of your choice) - around 100 Lei/person (25 USD/person)
- A shared-charge of 140 USD for groups of 5-7 people
- Film and photography permits at Peles Castle
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Very knowledgeable guide with a clear love for her country. It was a great day.