Private Tour of Boston's most unique and hidden gem culinary experiences
Boston has not always been known for its food. Although many claim that has changed in recent years with the advent of restaurant groups like The Menton Group, Boston still lacks the culinary sophistication of cities like Providence, New York, Paris, Sydney, Hong Kong, and Lima. There are hidden gems throughout the city and away from the tourist throngs where you can actually be surprised by what this city has to offer. Join a long-term resident of the city, as he explores haunts old and new, on a degustation of all that Boston has to offer. :)
Wear your stretchy pants!
Some places we can visit are:
- Bocelli's, Medford - Italian food made by an Italian grandma. A stunning cold squid salad. You've never had anything like it.
- Bob's Italian Foods, Medford - Boston's most amazing meatball
- Darryl's Corner Bar & Kitchen - fantastic catfish in a great restaurant
- Lion's Tail - Boston's best cocktail bar
- Chef Chang's, Back Bay - Boston's best Chinese restaurant is not in Chinatown (sorry)
- Georgetown Cupcakes - this is a cheat, as it's from DC, but they have empirically amazing cupcakes
- Audubon - Boston's best burger
- Cookie Monstah - if we can find it. It's a truck.
- Brewer's Fork - Boston's best artisanal pizza
- Orinoco - the best latin food in Boston (sorry, Toro)
- Saltie Girl - we'll have to wait to get in, but this is Boston's best lobster roll
- KO Pies (East Boston Shipyard) - Australian meat pies that actually taste like Australian meat pies. Australian beer, too (Cooper's).
- Boston Public Market
- Bostonia House - Boston's best mac & cheese
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 3 hours
We will be driving on this tour so there will be driving and parking times factored into overall length of the tour.
- 2017 Audi A4
- 2015 BMW 328x1
Each car can seat up to three guests comfortably. Both are modern, clean, and fully equipped (air con, USB ports, GPS navigation, blue tooth, etc.)
Please note we are more than happy to entertain groups larger than three. If you have a group larger than three, please let us know so we can obtain suitable transportation to accomodate your group.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 USD - This money will be to pay the costs of food at the establishments we will visit.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Enjoyed a lovely afternoon with Manny tasting some of the best food Boston has to offer. He and Sergio were entertaining and kind and kept the two teenagers engaged throughout the tour. Ask to try the banana bread. I don't even like banana bread and this was amazing! Definitely a great tour!