City, First Time Visitor, Local Experience
Kid Friendly: Yes. Able to walk around for more than 2 hours.
You must be able to get in and out of the tramway (no steps to get in).
Few cobbled stones streets in the old district
Maximum travelers: 6
English (fluent), French (fluent), Spanish (advanced)
Not only the world capital of wines...
Selected the 1st European destination in 2015, 1st travel city for "Lonely Planet" and the "Los Angeles Times" for 2017, Bordeaux has become the place to be in France!!
For the past 20 years, this city has known a rebirth and it will be a pleasure for me to make you discover or rediscover the place where I grew up!
During the tour, we will go back to the different golden ages of this 2300 years old city passing by the must-seen monuments, whitout forgetting the nowadays highlights of the city and places that are making Bordeaux now and in the future!
-Place de la Comédie: Grand Théâtre OR your staying place.
- Triangle d'Or: Great Men Market Square, Our Lady Baroque Church, Passage Sarget, luxurious shopping area.
- Quinconces Square: Monument aux Girondins (our statue of Liberty)
-Riverfront: Garonne river, Place de la Bourse (former royal square), Water Mirror
- Chocolate Tasting at Mademoiselle de Margaux
- St Peter's ditrict: medieval cobbled stones streets and lively charming small squares
- Cathedral St Andrew and Rohan Palace (actual townhall)
- Juridicial cluster of buildings: Richard Roger's court building and 15th Century fortifications
- Tramway line B in direction of The Chartrons District or Cité du vin where we will end our viist. OR at your place.
ITINERARY CAN VARY DEPENDING ON STARTING AND/OR ENDING OF THE TOUR
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Place de la Comédie. In front the chocolate shop LARNICOL at the corner of Intercontinental Bordeaux-Le Grand Hôtel and Cours de l'Intendance
End location: At the Cité Du Vin OR at your place
Duration: 3 hours
Walking and using tramway system to get the chance to see the different districts and interests of the city
My services as your private guide
Chocolate tasting at Mademoiselle de Margaux
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 euro - Coffee/Tea break
Personal expenses, beverages...
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.