Best coast sights near Bilbao. Incredible Nature and History in half day tour.
We will go in an excursion around the coast of Biscay to see the main villages and natural wonders hidden in this corner of the Basque Country:
+ Spectacular views of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
+ Charming Villages
+ Surprising Corners and
+ Historical Sites like Gernika, which inspired Picasso for his famous painting "Guernica".
These and other surprises will be part of this tour which will allow you to see two of the UNESCO World Heritage sites: The bay of Gernika and the Biscay Hanging Bridge.
+ Gernika. Historical Capital of Biscay with a famous tree where Basques meet to discuss about our laws and where kings (and queens like Isabella of Castille) came to swear respect to the Basque laws.
+ Urdaibai River area, marked by UNESCO as World Biosphere Reserve.
+ Bermeo. Traditional Basque Fishermen Port.
+ San Juan de Gaztelugatxe. Awesome small church surrounded by sea.
+ Bakio. Beach resort.
+ Getxo. And the always surprising UNESCO World Heritage site of the Hanging Bridge.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel or the airport or the port in Vitoria or Bilbao. Other locations can be arranged as well.
End location: Your hotel or the airport or the port in Vitoria or Bilbao. Other locations can be arranged as well.
Duration: 5 hours 30 min.
It can be longer or shorter according to your desires and always adapted to your willings in your trip.
On a fully equipped air-conditioned car as a complement to my services, which are tour guiding only.
Please, ask for bigger services if you are more travellers.
* This price includes all the transport costs that might happen like: petrol, motorways, parking, etc. in a private sedan car as a complement to my services, which are tour guiding only.
* Organization to take most of your time in your visits.
* Basque expert tour guidance and explanations about the history, culture, gastronomy and traditions.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 EUR - You have to consider:
* 20 to 40 EUR for lunch if you want.
* 2 to 4 EUR for a nice glass of wine if you want on the way.
* 1.50 to 2.50 EUR for a cup of coffee if you want.
Food, souvenirs or other expenses not mentioned are not included.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Aitor is a great guide -- very flexible and attentive to his guests' desires as his tour progresses. Really enjoyed our time with him!