Big orientation walking tour of Moscow
It is a good walking with lots of time for stories and pictures. During this tour, you'll learn how to use beautiful Moscow metro and stay oriented by using 5 key Russian phrases.
You'll understand the general layout of the city in relation to its most famous monuments, get a brief refresher course on Moscow history.
I'll take you to the Kremlin and show you around the country's most famous fortress - the place where most Russian rulers were crowned including Peter the Great, Catherine the Great and the last tsar of Russia Nicholas II. During this tour you will also see:
- The House on the Embankment - one of the most famous apartment blocks of the Stalin era.
- Christ the Savior cathedral destroyed under Stalin, rebuilt under Yeltsin
- The Museon sculpture park including a graveyard of fallen monuments
- Pick up at your hotel
- Walking tour of the historical city center including Red Square,
Sophia Embankment and Christ the Saviour Cathedral.
- Lunch at the Muzeon Sculpture Park
- Metro tour
- Guided walking tour of the Kremlin and its cathedrals.
- Back to the hotel by metro or on foot
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: your hotel
End location: your hotel
Duration: 5 hours
NOTE that Moscow Kremlin is closed on Thursday
We'll get around Moscow on foot and public transportation.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 Rubles - Approx. per person. Lunch.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
He was flexible with the itinerary and had plenty of interesting photos and facts, and jokes as well. Judy