Discover real Athens, away from touristy stereotypes with a private guide!
Athens is a fascinating, yet complex and vast city. This tour will give you the opportunity to get an excellent overview of Athens, by visiting not only impressive landmarks, such as the Acropolis, but also by feeling the pulse of modern Athens.
You will visit ottoman and contemporary markets, taste mouthwatering Greek delicacies, go to places where the Athenians eat, drink and shop in their everyday life, walk in old and new neighborhoods off the beaten track.
In the end you will have a very good idea about the real Athens and how it has evolved to the city it is today, in a way very few travelers do in just a few hours.
*** This tour is designed for up to 4 people, but can be done from 2-12 people. If your group is more than 4, please contact me for a customized tour***
08. 30: Pick up from hotel or cruise terminal.
-Guided tour to the Acropolis and short visit to the Ancient Agora. The guided tour will be done by my partner state guide, who specialises in ancient Greece and I will be with you too.
-Coffee stop in one of Athens' secret gardens, a surprising café in an unexpected setting in the heart of the city.
- Walk in two of the oldest neighborhoods of the city, the "Soho" of Athens, Athens'ethnic spices' street and through the central vegetable, fish & meat market.
- Tasting of local products from small producers from all over Greece.
- Walk in Plaka, the 'old Athens' neighborhood. We will pass outside the Roman Agora and the Tower of the Winds too.
- Lunch in one of my favorite taverns, serving delicious Greek traditional food.
- Free time for shopping(if time permits)
15. 30: Drop off at hotel or transfer to the port of Piraeus
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The cruise terminal. The driver will be waiting for you at the exit of your gate, holding a sign with your name. Please provide an emergency phone number.
End location: The cruise terminal
Duration: 7 hours
The tour can be adjusted to a longer or shorter duration if you need.
The tour is a walking tour with transportation from/to the cruise terminal in modern AC car (up to 4 passengers no luggage).
- My services as your private guide for the day
- Licensed English speaking guide on site for the visit to the Archeological ruins
- Food tastings as mentioned in the tour's description
- Transfers from/to the cruise terminal
Estimated Local Cash Needed
28 euros - Ancient sites tickets (free for children under 18 - passport or id needed)
Please note that this price varies depending on the season (19-28 euros)
-Entry fees (Acropolis, Ancient Agora)
- food or drinks (except for the local products tastings mentioned in the tour's description)
I specialize in Contemporary Greece. If you want to visit Ancient Sites I can accompany you along with my guide-partner who is a state licensed guide specialized in Ancient Greece.