Shore Excursion from Livorno
Upon meeting at the cruise port, travel via private van to Florence. The 1. 5 hrs travel time will include an introduction to Tuscany, on the way to its capital city.
Upon arrival, enjoy the best Florence has to offer in 1 day. A visit to the Accademia to see Michelangelo's David will be the magnificent start!
We then explore the main monuments, glorious art and architecture, plus hidden alleyways, with some curiosities along the way. Experience the glory days of the Medici family and 15th-century Republican Florence, along with the opulence of the Medici Grand Ducal court of the 16th-17th centuries.
Savour traditional Tuscan delicacies for lunch before seeing another artistic monument, tailored to your own interests. To conclude: stop in the famed Piazzale Michelangelo to take in spectacular views over Florence before returning to the port with your driver.
Florence can be overwhelming. With limited time, having a private driver and personal tour guide is the best way to get the most out of your day!
- Departure from cruise ship in the morning
- Arrival to Florence after 1-1/2 hours
- Accademia visit, then a Florence First-timer walking tour.
This is primarily an "outside" tour, concentrating on the religious center of Florence with the Cathedral, Baptistery, and Bell Tower plus the governmental center including Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, and Piazzale degli Uffizi.
- Also see the Piazza della Repubblica, Palazzo Medici-Riccardi, and Ponte Vecchio, picturesque alleyways and other curiosities.
- Free time for lunch on your own (with suggestions)
- In the afternoon visit inside one of these special monuments, to be decided together: Palazzo Vecchio, Bargello or Santa Croce (or alternative, upon request).
- Meet back up with driver in the afternoon, stop at Piazzale Michelangelo for panoramic views of the city and surrounds, with an optional visit to the Church of San Miniato (depending on time)
- Return to the cruise port.
Duration c. a. 9 ½ hours
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Livorno docking area
End location: Livorno docking area
Duration: 9 hours 30 min.
The duration will be adjusted to the arrival - departure time of your cruise ship, however I suggest an early departure!
Transportation from the port of Livorno by luxury private mini-van with licensed professional driver who is at our disposal as needed for the day
Personalized itinerary planning, transportation by private a/c minivan with professional driver, lunch arrangements, advanced museum ticket reservations, friendly private licensed Florence guide
Estimated Local Cash Needed
65 Euro - €25 p/person Academia gallery ticket
€10 p/person Palazzo Vecchio or other museum/church ticket
€30 p/person lunch
These costs can be paid directly the day of service by cash or credit card.
This is an estimate of cost and prices may be subject to variations beyond our control.
Museum tickets per person, to be paid directly at the ticket office
Lunch and snacks
* A larger air-conditioned vehicle with driver is available upon request (seats up to 16/18 people) - please ask for quote.
I am not a driver, however I can arrange professional transportation when necessary.